Sat Nav issue & Dash Display

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could help, I've chased about allover Google to find the answers but not any Joy.

Recently the Sat Nav screen seems to be having a mind of its own, i try to set my destinations etc. and it seems to be doing something completely different e.g. opens up the phone menu and not last destination list. to add to this when i'm driving along all kinds of stuff pops up on the screen (Wondering if I've a ghost in the car) i assumed the display must have been dirty but I've cleaned it and its still not doing what i'm telling it to do.

Also the dash display where you can view satnav, drive info & phone seems to not want to play either when trying to select using the steering wheel buttons.

The car itself isn't that old 66 Plate.

If anyone could let me know if its an easy fix i'd appreciate it. If it's not it'll be going back to the dealer.

Cheers

Dan

The Sat nav screen its self might be the problem. The wifes MKIII Fabia is the same, my old ( 63 plate ) Octavia Tdi Vrs also had a mind of it's own. Usually happend then the outside temperature was cold or on damp cold days. Once the car interiour warms up evrey thing goes back to normal. There might be a software update, if not you might need a new screen.  I think it happens because the touch screen gets cold and possibly damp on the inside.

The wifes Fabia is in the Menders next week to sort the problem out.

Hope that helps

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

1 hour ago, Coops said:

Known fault I believe - mine did it. Only on cold mornings, it wouldn't function properly.

There's a software update for the early Bolero units on the MKIII Octavias.

Mine used to jump from Station to Station then ring a number from my phone. The touch screen was unresponsive until thecar warned up.

Just a suggestion, when problems like this occur, always record them on your phone, it's much less of problem then when it works without a problem at the dealer.

1 hour ago, 5er said:

Just a suggestion, when problems like this occur, always record them on your phone, it's much less of problem then when it works without a problem at the dealer.

Good advice it is what I do as requested by the dealer in their effort when presenting it to Skoda UK warranty department.