TCS/ESP light (on/flickering/damp weather)

The TCS/ESP light has been coming on for the past few weeks in particular during a damp early morning start for work.. return trip if dry light doesn't appear.

This morning when approaching 50mph there was some juddering, the TCS light appeared and flickered then stayed on along with ECS. The maxidot gear selection number also flickered.

Weather this morning was very wet.

What is going on? 

I have a 2010 scout 1.8 tsi

For the past few days I've also had the  light bulb warning for No bend lighting (AFS) appearing.

Sounds like a faulty ABS sensor. There are two one on the OSF and other in NSR. Over period of time due to road dirt they tend to go faulty. 

VCDS scan should be able to point you in the right direction. 

Edited by singh946

35 minutes ago, northturton said:

Can this cause the judder?

Legal tread on front tyres, so should be OK grip, albeit they'll be replaced in jan/Feb. 

Sorry I quick read your post and didn't even read the judder part lol. I only read where the ESP light was coming on intermittently. My friends had the same issue in his Touran and it was due to a NSR ABS sensor.

Emm judder could be anything related to Tyre's, Tyre balancing and Suspension components like  CV / ball joint etc. Please get them inspected

Edited by singh946