Claim

wd20

I was involved in a minor car accident 6 months ago. The other party admitted responsibility within days. However her insurance company are still holding out on the non insured losses money. My company wants me to sign letter authority so they can start court proceedings to get this money. At the moment I’m reluctant to do so,but have been told it is in the policy terms & condtions. I have fully comp insurance ?

It’s been a long time since a claim ( 25) yrs I thought fully comp ins meant that everything was covered. My concern that by signing I become the claimant and the onus of responsibility falls to me

I used to be a team leader in a motor legal protection insurance company and like Awayoffski said, if you’ve got the cover let them do it, they’ve been paid to represent you to recover these costs not covered by your fully comp insurance itself. (A few years ago now, but I’m sure the same thing happens!) 

Had exactly the same issue beginning of the year. The other persons insurance (hastings) only replied and paid up after my insurance sent court proceddings. Its a pita but they will pay up eventually

3 minutes ago, Glynn said:

Had exactly the same issue beginning of the year. The other persons insurance (hastings) only replied and paid up after my insurance sent court proceddings. Its a pita but they will pay up eventually

Hastings Insurance were on the TV show " The Sherrifs are coming " Last week. None payment to a client so there were taken to court, still no payment so the Sherrifs had to go and see them, Guess what, they paid up.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

4 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Hastings Insurance were on the TV show " The Sherrifs are coming " Last week. None payment to a client so there were taken to court, still no payment so the Sherrifs had to go and see them, Guess what, they paid up.

Disgusting really isnt it. Should be made to cease trading because its obvioulsy a habit of theirs!

Cheers for replies. I did not realise how car insurance works now days. I can see why premiums are high. So many Parties involved in a claim. Still have bought dash cam  now gives a bit of reassurance of sorts ?