New VRS - warranty worth it?

Milkybar

Hey,

So after months of reading horror stories I've taken the plunge and gone for a "new" 61 plate VRS and she's lovely :D

In order to cover my worries about the engine/plugs/gearbox is it worth taking out the warranty from Skoda (https://skoda-extendedwarranty.co.uk)

Are they likely to pay out in the case of the common things mentioned on here?

Thanks

Waste of time and money mate, mine has full skoda service history paid £400 for "all component cover" no excess and over 15k miles a year, car developed a miss fire and i took it in only to be told a month later we are not paying for a new engine because we think the problem was there before I purchased the warranty, cut long story short its not worth the paper its written on, good look with it anyway, just hope it doesn't develop a fault like mine, as you will be paying out of your own pocket regardless wether you have warranty policy or not 

Do you know your cars Service, Warranty & Service Campaign History and if it is as left the factory or had Skoda Updates / Enhancements.

Are you sure the car has never been re-mapped.

Just that the car needs Serviced to Manufacturers Service Schedule.

So any work under warranty by Skoda in the first 3 years or since should not invalidate a Warranty Skoda sell you.

If the engine was ever rebuilt, the breather mod was done, or a new engine fitted, new oil spray jets, software updates, or DSG Service Campaign '34F7', 

That is because Skoda knows about these, they needed to do these, they issues the TPI's and approved the work.

So the warranty is worth getting if you read the Exclusions, and know your car is not going to have a Void Warranty for some reason, 

answer any questions Skoda / Warranty seller ask, it is for them to sell a financial product that does what it says, other than they are Mis-selling. 

that is what appears to have happened with Jav_110's Warranty.

They are claiming the problem was there before hand as i asked how much oil ishould it be using, i said it takes 1 litre of oil to a 1000 miles and they (bickerton) told me thats normal and skoda extended warranty said they think the fault was there before because i asked the question and 1 litre of oil is NOT normal 

23 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Welcome, best Warranty to buy, but buyer beware.

I will bump a thread for you to read. 

No idea how the member is getting on, he bought the Skoda Warranty and they blew him off, saying known issue before he claimed.

I never got blown off when I bought an extended warranty :angry:

• Like 1