8" bolero and maxi-dot screen background colour

Hi everyone, i saw some pictures like below, showing the new bolero screen and maxidot screen with colour background.

Is this only a function of ambient lighting pack or is it adjustable without the extra ambient lighting pack?

1.jpg

2.jpg

I know it is color-maxidot   but these screens normally have gray background.   Now i saw from some pictures that their background colour can change like red, blue, etc...

I guess it changes according to the setting of led ambient lighting option?  or can it be changed without the led ambient lighting option

21 hours ago, eksa said:

I know it is color-maxidot   but these screens normally have gray background.   Now i saw from some pictures that their background colour can change like red, blue, etc...

I guess it changes according to the setting of led ambient lighting option?  or can it be changed without the led ambient lighting option

sorry, i was meant to say the color background was made available in Color Maxi-dots since MY18.

i believe the background lighting changes either according to the drive mode selected, or is set to match the ambient interior lighting.

not sure which one as i have an MY17.

I have MY18 with color maxi-dot but without the ambient lighting option. I don't think that either maxi-dot's or bolero's background colors can change. They never did and i don't remember any menu option to enable such a thing.

10 hours ago, phph said:

I have MY18 with color maxi-dot but without the ambient lighting option. I don't think that either maxi-dot's or bolero's background colors can change. They never did and i don't remember any menu option to enable such a thing.

they do on the Australian MY18 models........all 3 displays (infotainment, maxi-dot background lighting match the door strip lighting color).

further digging around states early MY18 builds have green background only for the maxi-dot and infotainment, however the later builds (post week 23?) have the ability to change all 3 displays to match any colour selected. Not sure if this is a software thing and able to be upgraded.

Edited by JR RS

But not on UK models with colour maxi-dot without ambient light option.... Can't comment on having the the ambient light option but there's no mention in manuals etc.

Too bad that it is not stated anywhere in manuals or brochures that infotainment and  maxi-dot background lighting match the strips' lighting color.

If i knew that i would add the ambient light option to the car which i will receive from the dealer today..   i thought only the stripes were coming with this option...

24 minutes ago, eksa said:

i have a my18, is it possible to change background colour of maxidot and bolero  via vcds without the ambinet lighting option?

i don't like ur chances, considering the background lighting color is based on the ambient lighting color.

so without it, i'd say no.