Oil servicing very often.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum. This might have already been asked, however, in my Fabia mk1 1.4 mpi, I have to service its engine every 1.700 miles. This is very rare and if anyone could answer please. Thank you.

At how many miles is it needed to change transmission oil?

Is the service indicator coming on?

I only do about 2000 miles a year in my MPI and I just change the oil once a year. If the service indicator comes on I just reset it with the trip button. I keep everything else looked after as required - air filter, plugs, aux belt  cabin filter, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

I only do about 2000 miles a year in my MPI and I just change the oil once a year. If the service indicator comes on I just reset it with the trip button. I keep everything else looked after as required - air filter, plugs, aux belt  cabin filter, etc.

Oooh okey I was wondering as the servicing indicator appeared after such short miles. 

Thanks a lot!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TMB said:

2k mile a year! I wish. Good video by the way. 

lucky he's got an MPI. Until this year my annual mileage was so low, that I was thinking of asking my insurer co for a refund as I'd declared 6k/ year. Now I do just short of the 6k and EGR is a lot happier.

• Like 1