Windows NOT demsiting - climate control fault?

WPX

Hi newbie here, only just discovered this forum, I have a skoda rapid 2013 1.6tdi from time to time when I get in the car or even whilst driving, the windows will mist up, Ive tried putting the AC on to de-mist them but no luck, its as if the heater a actually condensating all of the windows, it is blowing hot air. what I have noticed is when I am parked up no matter what speed I have the fan on (AC ON OR OFF) the fan will run quite low, soon as I start driving the fan seems to speed up a little but still doesn't de mist the windows. Also when I start the car from cold I can leave it running for almost 40 minutes and the temp guage will not move until until I start driving and then eventually sit in the middle like normal. if I was to start the car and leave it running, is the temp guage automatically suppose to move? as in before driving? I use this car for work, and its becoming a major inconvenience, can somebody please advise?

I cleaned the windows a day before, it’s my pet hate having dirty windows, I normally use autoglym window polish, it’s strange because the windows will be clear and next minute all of them will condensate really badly, as if somebody has boiled a kettle in the car 

Does your air con need re-gassing? If it hasn't been done since 2013 that's worth checking.

Air con dehumidifies the air so makes windows demist far quicker if it's working properly.

I cleaned the windows a day before, it’s my pet hate having dirty windows, I normally use autoglym window polish, it’s strange because the windows will be clear and next minute all of them will condensate really badly, as if somebody has boiled a kettle in the car 

I’ve had the sitcom regassed Aswell as having the pollen filter, I definetly agree with what you’re saying about dehumidifying hence I don’t know if the aircon is working properly or not, I use this car for work, and it’s causing me a major inconvenience:-(

ok same stuff I use then.

unfortunately Octavias are known for misting up., mine does it sometimes but only in the rear.

when you changed the pollen filter was it the activated charcoal one? also have you checked its been sealed in properly.

next stage (do you have any aftermarket tints?) if not , look for some Fog-X and apply this to clean windows (inside)

also might want to look into putting some of those de-humidifier pads / boxes in the car see if this helps

following this look into having your aircon checked out

also worth checking your car for any leaks - check door seals are sometimes these fail and the doors hold water - check the holds underneath incase these are blocked and allowing water in the door to escape

Edited by Gissin

I think it was just a standar pollen filter which goes under the glove box, but it was doing before and after the filter change. Don’t have tints, do you recommend any particular dehumidifiers? I’ve chexked the door seals, under the doors I’ve pulled back the rubbers but the only holes that are there is the ones holding the rubber in

check the pollen filter remove it and made sure it's dry and refit properly.

cool, get some fog-x  and coat the inside of your windows with it ( this alone may sort your issue)
I have 2 in mine one in the front window from Tesco that you chuck in the microwave to refresh/re-use (I think it was about £5-8) and a £1 that I just chuck in the boot and throw away when full.

14 minutes ago, WPX said:

1274 air flap motor, no display static, is what the aircon mans diagnostic has said, but surely this won’t be causing the  whole car to mist up

It could well be - any of the HVAC flaps sticking will mess up the airflow through the matrix.

I'd suggest you get this sorted as first priority.

19 minutes ago, WPX said:

Where exactly in the car woul this be?

Usually the motors are on either side of the heater matrix behind the centre console.

The repair details (which you can download from the Skoda erWin website for a small fee) will tell you exactly where that motor is on a Rapid.

6 minutes ago, WPX said:

Do you think as the motors may be stuck, it’s letting vapour in from the matrix and misting the whole car? Also would the whole dash need to come off?

That's my thinking.

I had a stuck flap motor on my previous car (Audi RS4) several times, and the dash on that didn't need to come off provided you had flexible fingers! I can't say if it's the same on a Rapid as I have no personal experience of them, you really need access to the repair manual or someone who knows the Rapid well.