Superb 280 and others comings to a police force near you soon....

Sw1

Just saw this interesting article showing undercover 280 superb estates and a Kodiaq with a 280 engine.... If you scroll down in the article, they have pictures of the Superb undercover car 

https://uk.motor1.com/news/224609/skoda-kodiaq-emergency-car/

Surely the Superb 280 has to be the ideal police car, tons of room and very quick

skoda-emergency-vehicles.jpg

skoda-emergency-vehicles (1).jpg

Edited by Sw1

Noticed Cleveland plod were driving a dragon green Superb in Police Interceptors last week.  Just a few interior shots and a few from the wing mirror to show the colour of the car.  Couldn't see the exterior to see if it was a 280 or not. 

Well, yes, I’m sure some Skodas are quite suited to various types of police use. But let’s not overlook what is very likely going on here (and in the cases of most other police vehicles): Skoda will be pretty much giving the cars away in return for the indirect advertising.

As for the ‘280 Kodiaq’, it’s laughable then, that they apparently failed to get an accurate message about their model line-up to across to the press.

Or, if they really did build a special 280 Kodiaq just for the (UK?) police, how is that going to work when the cars are eventually sold on and don’t actually exist for insurance purposes?

Or am I missing something?

Also, is very high performance (potential high speed) actually important to the police? Surely they would deem it far too dangerous to make anywhere near full use of such potential when in pursuit?

Someone with some direct insight into this might be along eventually here.;)

Edited by eurotraveller

9 minutes ago, eurotraveller said:

Well, yes, I’m sure some Skodas are quite suited to various types of police use. But let’s not overlook what is very likely going on here (and in the cases of most other police vehicles): Skoda will be pretty much giving the cars away in return for the indirect advertising.

As for the ‘280 Kodiaq’, it’s laughable then, that they apparently failed to get an accurate message about their model line-up to across to the press.

Or, if they really did build a special 280 Kodiaq just for the (UK?) police, how is that going to work when the cars are eventually sold on and don’t actually exist for insurance purposes?

Or am I missing something?

Also, is very high performance (potential high speed) actually important to the police? Surely they would deem it far too dangerous to make anywhere near full use of such potential when in pursuit?

Someone with some direct insight into this might be along eventually here.;)

Probably a good car for armed response and even a top spec 280 Kodiaq (if there ever was one) would be cheaper than basic Q7's, X5's and similar.  

In reality the top end engine will probs be the 240PS BiTDI.  Simple enough to carry over from the Tiguan with the MQB sharing is caring mantra. 

When the Olympics were on in London in 2012, at least 10 of the armed response cars were 3.6 4x4 Superb II estates - I know this as my local dealer prepared them.