Skoda Rapid SB EPC Problem

Been a while since I posted! But just wanted to let you guys know of a problem my Rapid developed. 

MY2015 ,Rapid SB 1,2L

2,5 years old, 70.000 Km. So out of warranty, barely. Had all its services at Skoda dealer in Netherlands. 

Was driving on Motorway at about 120km/h, and the EPC and Motor Management lights illuminated. 

The car lost a lot of its torque, just felt like the turbo was gone. It slowly lost speed, to about 80km/h. Went off the motorway, stopped at a parking space to call Skoda, who told me to drive to nearest Skoda garage, if I could. I tried, and while the car did not go over 50km/h anymore, and took a while to accelerate, it was drivable, barely. 

Now its at a Skoda dealer, (not my own as I was too far away, unfortunately), It's some kind of sensor, computer thingy. They'll let me know exactly what it is later, but said it'll cost at least 600 euro to repair. 

Also because I "drove it in myself" I will not get a replacement car, will have to pay that myself as well. 

Have contacted Skoda Netherlands, and am waiting on their response. Will report back. 

Older 1.2 TSi were known for a regular Charge Pressure Control Actuator failure. But a 2012 Service campaign was supposed to correct this fault on existing and new engines.

Surprise - my 2014 1.2 had EPC fail / limp mode at 42000 km and 33 months old.

The dealer replaced the CPCA , but the fault recurred the next day.  It needed a new Turbo to clear the fault. :sadsmile:

Edited by camelspyyder

2 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Older 1.2 TSi were known for a regular Charge Pressure Control Actuator failure. But a 2012 Service campaign was supposed to correct this fault on existing and new engines.

Surprise - my 2014 1.2 had EPC fail / limp mode at 42000 km and 33 months old.

The dealer replaced the CPCA , but the fault recurred the next day.  It needed a new Turbo to clear the fault. :sadsmile:

Just picked up the car, yes that was it indeed! Seems to work fine now, fingers crossed mine won't need a new Turbo! This was expensive enough at 580 Euro. 

Will try to ask Skoda NL if they can do anything for me, but not getting my hopes up too much!

• 1 month later...

Ok so after much back and forth, Skoda NL is refunding me 136 Euro out of 580. 70% of the price of the part, but none of the labour. 

I must say I am quite disappointed, I didn't expect them to pay the full amount as a courtesy, but this seems very low, for a car that is barely over warrantee. 

Also the amount of effort involved to even get them this far, very disappointed.