Octavia MK2 stereo/satnav/bluetooth upgrade

Hello, I have a Skoda Octavia MK2 2005 Elegance, 1.6 FSI, fitted with a standard Skoda Auto Stream unit, which can only play CDs, and doesn't have AUX or Bluetooth connection. I'm looking to upgrade my stereo/satnav/bluetooth unit, but I don't know which other models are going to work with my configuration. I've seen others like BOLERO, or COLUMBUS but I have no idea if they'll work on my car. Does anyone updgraded to one of these ? And with what cost ? Also I suppose if I upgrade to one of the new stereo models, I will still have showing the car's configurations that I currently have: air con, rear parking sensors...

Another interesting thing is that ebay is full of fancy chinese Stereo/satnav/bluetooh devices, 7-8 inches, with touchscreen, and they look BRILLIANT. But when I asked an auto electrician if he can fit it to my car, he said it can work or not, depending on luck. Anyone tried one of these chinese units ?

If you're wanting to stick to genuine Skoda, then its Columbus or Admundsen (probably spelt that wrong! Spellcheck wants to put 'mundaneness' :D).

Got the Admundsen in my 55 plate Skoda, needed to fit a new canbus to prevent power drain issues, and will need to fit the mic and gps module for the blue-tooth and satnav (simple-ish job). And a new stereo dash fascia as the stream is a different size. For a full list of bits its worth dropping Eddie-NL a line, he helped me with my install :)

I have recently fitted a Chinese unit, it's an Erisin tech one from eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=172934975394&_sacat=0

Had it about a month and I reckon it's brilliant value, £230 plus about 20 for the DAB receiver, include Santa including Google maps, can't beat it for valve,

Very easy to fit,

The only problem I have is an occasional poping from the speakers when there is no audio, could possibly do with a better external aerial for the DAB.

Also fitted with the existing dash trim.

Not sure what the difference for pre 2009 is, it would physically fit, maybe its something to do with the canbus, i had a pioneer dounle din in my 2007 car but wanted to keep the oem look and integrated features like heater info etc.

Have you looked at Icebox auto, they have andriod 7 units listed for 2009 on and Android 5 units with out any dates listed, 

Hi Cristian,

Any updates regarding the head unit? I am also interested in mounting an aftermarket HU on my Octavia 2 pre FL model, but as i understood, all the chinese ones don't offer all the functionalities (as the original stereo does), for the preFL model; rear sensors don't work for instance.

Thanks

Haven't done anything yet, as I asked some people from a garage who fitted these chinese units for themselves and told me after 2-3 month they failed due to poor parts/cooling system of chinese units. I don't really want to spend 200 + labor for a new unit just for 2-3 months. 

Yep,i also heard about similar issues.Besides the compatibility issues, the devices often break or showing a lot of interfacace bugs + random reboots, etc. After all it is chinese stuff,so it is normal... (this is what i heard).

I am starting considering a bluetooth receiver to conect it to the aux port and then pair my phone/tablet through which i will stream music,waze,etc (of course, with a decent phone holder).

Question now arises, which bluetooth receiver is good enough to offer a similar experience as with a cable connectivity, which model has a decent DAC, etc