Cambelt replacement cost

Hi all,

Does anyone know how much I should be paying for a new cambelt and waterpump for a 1.9 PD100 in the North West (Lancashire), and if so, a reputable place to go?

My car has only done 10k in the last 5 years, but the cambelt is due based on time and it's not something I'd want to chance.

Possibly a new clutch at the same time as the car has done 130k so would probably benefit from a replacement. I want to keep the car for a few more years so I'm thinking of getting the big jobs done and out of the way.

Edited by FollowingGhosts

On a pd130  you would be expecting to pay £300 or just over ( including pump and new antifreeze)

I cant see the point in changing the clutch unless you have a problem,mine is on 161k on the original clutch.

• Like 1

If the engine had to be removed to replace the clutch then it would be sensible to replace the cambelt and pump at the same time. However as far as I know, it doesn't so can be done separately. They are at opposite ends of the engine so even removing the gearbox for the clutch will not make easier to do the job.

Expect to pay between £300 - £500 depending on where you go and what parts are used.  

There are quite a few VAG independents near us now Awesome GTI are very good, however they are not a particularly hard belt to do if your handy with the spanners. 

And as for the clutch I would leave that till it needs doing, it could last another 5 weeks or 5 years depending on how it’s been treated.  

6 hours ago, FollowingGhosts said:

Just called a couple of places, local VW dealer want £399 was part of an offer they're doing, dark side was £350 + VAT and local VW independent wants £375 so so far, there's really not too much in it. 

What about a local garage ?