VCDS FOR MY15.5 VRS TDI HATCH

Hi guys, please can one of you confirm my suspicion that VCDS use will leave a permanent non-delete tag in the cars computer that dealerships can see?

I have just bought a MY15.5 Octavia vRS TDI which comes with 12 months dealer warranty. I am very keen to make use of the customisations but I guess this will have to wait until the chances of a warranty issue are no longer applicable.

I live near Pontefract so would ideally would like to make friends with SuperbTWM :).

Wish list would be:

• Twin rear fog
  • Twin rear reverse
  • Directional front fog phase
  • Traffic sign recog
  • Throttle mod

I have the 6spd DSG - what mods can be applied to this that are an enhancement?

Any more mods that you guys have found enhance your experience?

Has anyone has a play with the lights to simulate what Tesla can do with there's - is that even possible?

Cheers

Not sure where you got the idea that some VCDS tweaks would invalidate your warranty, they wont....

ECU remapping is detectable with the MBQ cars causing warranty issues, not VCDS tweaks.

6 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Not sure where you got the idea that some VCDS tweaks would invalidate your warranty, they wont....

ECU remapping is detectable with the MBQ cars causing warranty issues, not VCDS tweaks.

Muzza - cheers for confirming I was wrong (means I can play sooner) :D. Assume that'll be why the plug and play ECU boxes (DTUK) are so popular then as they don't leave a trace assumedly.

• Thanks 1

Just now, octtyvrs82 said:

Muzza - cheers for confirming I was wrong (means I can play sooner) :D. Assume that'll be why the plug and play ECU boxes (DTUK) are so popular then as they don't leave a trace assumedly.

Exactly that mate, although if they dig deep enough they, apparently, could find that boost levels have been exceeded over standard spec, yet to hear of anyone actually being denied warranty under such circumstances on any VAG car though.

But yes, VCDS tweaks, knock yourself out :)

8 hours ago, octtyvrs82 said:
  • Twin rear reverse

Has anyone has a play with the lights to simulate what Tesla can do with there's - is that even possible?

I'm pretty sure both your reverse lights should work... mine do and always have done, and it's never been anywhere near a VCDS cable. Maybe one of the bulbs is blown (although it would tell you that)? Or is there a difference between hatch and estate (which I have) in this regard?

What do Tesla do with their lights, OOI?

But anyway, enjoy... the vRS TDI is a lovely car for racking up miles in. Just don't expect it to be a hot hatch, it really isn't.

Hi wiggo

Checked my reverse lights both do work must have been the dodgy reflection - so that one can come off my wish list.

Tesla have an 'easter egg' basically they have played with the light set up and its brilliant. Google tesla lights and you'll see what I mean.

Only had the car since thursday and driven about 80 miles. It is awesome. 

One think i would like to add to wish list is

Permanent start stop OFF its too intrusive.

13 hours ago, octtyvrs82 said:

Tesla have an 'easter egg' basically they have played with the light set up and its brilliant. Google tesla lights and you'll see what I mean.

I wouldn’t hold your hopes up for that!

Many thanks to SuperbTWM for freeing up time to sort out my VCDS wish list today.

Items complete:

directional fog light

traffic sign recog

left mirror dip on reversing

wiper teardrop front and rear

auto rain close

confirmed High beam assist as being active

fuel refill

Need to look at:

start stop permanently off

twin rear fogs

DRL dim on indicate

but that can be for next time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, octtyvrs82 said:

Many thanks to SuperbTWM for freeing up time to sort out my VCDS wish list today.

Items complete:

directional fog light

traffic sign recog

left mirror dip on reversing

wiper teardrop front and rear

auto rain close

confirmed High beam assist as being active

fuel refill

Need to look at:

start stop permanently off

twin rear fogs

DRL dim on indicate

but that can be for next time.

Glad to help out :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@octtyvrs82. Been trying to get the left mirror dip on reversing, wiper teardrop front and rear, auto rain close, fuel refill and twin fogs on my FL03 octty and was wondering as you have done it can you confirm if your Occty is an FL03 as I haven't managed to get any of those working.

I have enabled TSR, HBA(DLA), comfort seat (driver), convenience turn (3-5) to mention a few but these seem to be problrmatic..

1 minute ago, RoboOp said:

@wg100. Which coding did you use for the Refuel amount in Maxi?? The one from VCDS tried and tested didn't seem to work on my FL03 even with soft reset..

Will have to have a look when I get home. It might have been done with a Carista dongle before I got VCDS.

Hi guys

Coding for left mirror dip on reverse is here : this worked but remember the wing mirror button should be in the 'L' position for it to work everytime. verified as working on MY15.5

coding for refuel amount in maxi cycling is here: verified as working on MY15.5

RoboOp,

22 hours ago, RoboOp said:

@octtyvrs82. Been trying to get the left mirror dip on reversing, wiper teardrop front and rear, auto rain close, fuel refill and twin fogs on my FL03 octty and was wondering as you have done it can you confirm if your Occty is an FL03 as I haven't managed to get any of those working.

I have enabled TSR, HBA(DLA), comfort seat (driver), convenience turn (3-5) to mention a few but these seem to be problrmatic..

RoboOp - I have a 03 non-facelift so these listed below would need to be confirmed as working by members with FL03 variations - some work for the FL03 from what has been noted but I can't say for sure.

this info below might be useful for you and others though with just the 03 (MY15.5 and previous) - all collated from posts pinned by AndyVee - no credit taken by myself.

I've checked and verified as working by myself and SuperbTWM on Tuesday using very latest VCDS update firmware 17.##### as at 09.01.18

• left mirror dip on reversing (VCDS) - not sure I like this as only drops an inch or so - also doesn't self right afterwards - can be disable in infotainment however or by moving mirror button to another position.
  • fuel refill (VCDS)
  • TSR (VCDS)
  • HBA (already active) (VCDS)
  • Directional fog lights front (VCDS) read the text in bold at the end - it will save a lot of faffing.

Things that we have activated but haven't verified are:

• auto rain close (VCDS) although the link states works only with MY13 and MY14 - there is additional support for later variations once I have tested I will post findings here.

Problems with following but will reattempt with SuperbTWM - as we think it was just VCDS being laggy.

• wiper teardrop front and rear (VCDS)
  • twin fogs rear (VCDS)

Things I want to activate are:

• DRL faded on indicate (VCDS) (in sync with indicator - there is another code for outsync with indicator too)
  • Rear DRL's on (VCDS)
  • Start/Stop off permanent (VCDS)
  • front wiper park with ignition off (VCDS)

Edited by octtyvrs82
typo