No dynamic lines on factory fitted reverse camera for MY17 RS

Relatively new here, and relatively new to Škoda so please direct me to any resources that explain this. 

The manual discusses Park Pilot (which I have) and Park Assist (which I do not) but the reversing camera guide lines in this process was not elaborated on. I understand some cars have dynamic lines (follow the steering wheel to show how the car will travel in the direction being steered) and some have static lines (do not move with steering) but I would have thought that with a factory fitted reverse camera there would be this dynamic line feature to assist with rear parking. My model does not have this (the lines are static). Is there a way to have them dynamic to follow the steering wheel?

Thanks in advance for any information on this. 

Mine has park assist and I have the lines which move with the steering wheel angle. Could be wrong and happy to be corrected, but I think you only get them if you have the park assist.

Okay. Happy to accept this although I’d love to have the dynamic lines without having to upgrade to park assist. I’ll be doing the parking, not my wife. :biggrin:

Edited by SkodaAsh

I don't have park assist but do have front ans rear sensors. I have dynamic lines. 1.5 TSi SE L DSG NOV. 2017

Okay. So some cars clearly have the feature and others don’t. Why would this be the case? Is there any advantage to static lines or disadvantage to dynamic lines that would make them release cars with one or the other?

Edited by SkodaAsh

23 hours ago, norsko said:

I have Park Pilot and Park Assist on my 2016 L&K, but still static lines

I have the same, but it is the same car, so no surprises there I guess !

8 hours ago, SkodaAsh said:

Okay. So some cars clearly have the feature and others don’t. Why would this be the case? Is there any advantage to static lines or disadvantage to dynamic lines that would make them release cars with one or the other?

AFAIK the dynamic lines were a feature of one version of the relevant module (mostly a VW fit), static lines were a feature of the other version. 

The module can be retrofitted and coded (again AFAIK) but getting the correct part numbers that work together is not exactly straightforward. 

If it bothered me in the slightest I would have changed it but I don't even notice so I haven't.

• Like 1

That’s great advice. It’s certainly not a dealbreaker for me but knowing the dynamic lines required extra parts to work rather than a software upgrade or ticking a feature on the infotainment screen I’m happy to just be content with what I have. Thank you.