Aftermarket Grille Anygood?

I need to replace my grille and the brow chrome, the badge is also tired, so I wondered if anyone has fitted any non OEM components - I have seen a full badged chrome and grille set for £80 - Skoda want £180 for the same!

Any good breakers that can supply these parts?

5 hours ago, snowathlete said:

I like our chrome grille. My husband says he'd prefer black. He thinks the interior has too much chrome everywhere. I like it but he might be right that it's overkill a bit.

I even fitted more chrome  and then more still

bling.jpg

bling3.jpg

Edited by DEL80Y
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, DEL80Y said:

I even fitted more chrome  and then more still

bling.jpg

bling3.jpg

My husband says he was looking round the cabin at all the chrome the other day and noticed that the seat memory buttons are about the only thing that didn't have any, so he had a good smile at your pic. I think it looks nice.

4 hours ago, Nedge68 said:

Has anyone fitted the grilles from car parts link ltd

the offer a complete grill with all chrome work and badge for £76

I have  as I "melted":blush the top chrome section while changing the badge for the new type by using too much heat.:blush

I have had a previous grille from Superskoda before but it peeled (the vertical chrome simply peeled off, (it needed to be sealed/lacquered) very soon after buying it so put the original back on. I did question Superskoda, before purchase (actually my dealer bought it for me as the car should have come with it) and ask them how were they different to the ones Skoda stopped supplying (no reason given by Skoda) and they could not say. It was clear to me that they obtain a batch from Soda to sell as Skoda would not.

This one has been on since June last year (both grille and badge section trim) and is showing signs of wear. The vertical chrome trim sections of the grille has become "bitty" as they are breaking up. Not visible from a distance but is when close up. I thought about trying to clean the vertical chrome pieces but thought that rubbing it may make it worse.

The badge/bonnet trim requires much more cleaning with a good chrome cleaner is what I have found so far but it does clean up.

If I ever bought these again (possible) I would have them lacquered/sealed which I think would be much better.

Mine cost £79.99 plus £10 delivery which is (yours @ £76) a very good price especially if you know the pitfalls to deal with.

3 hours ago, snowathlete said:

My husband says he was looking round the cabin at all the chrome the other day and noticed that the seat memory buttons are about the only thing that didn't have any, so he had a good smile at your pic. I think it looks nice.

I have the seat memory chrome surround quite a neat touch I think. Sadly had to lift it off when the changed the seat switch so the self adhesive strips are knackered, luckily they sent me two by mistake so I will fit the new one when it warms up a bit.

• Like 1

Thanks Tim,

I am only looking for a standard grille, this is the second bird strike I have suffered, I need the upper chrome and black grille and I was going to replace the badge as it is tired, but I think £130 is a bit expensive for these items.

superskoda do sell the top chrome and badge for 54 euros which is £30 less than SUK.