Monte Carlo Estate

My current PCP deal is up later this year. I could do with something slightly smaller than the Octy i have and like the look of the Monte Carlo Estate with the 1.0 TSi engine.

I figure that 80% of the time theres only me in the car. On the odd occasion i load up with the full family and baggage for holidays, the fabia estate should be ok. The wife used to have a mk2 estate and we all went to the lake district with no issues fitting stuff in.

So, whats the 1.0Tsi like to drive? If there much difference between the 95 and 110 psi in the real world? Also, do they have rear parking sensors?

Deffo want a red one too, to go with the wifes red Citigo :-)

Hi. 

Have the 110 tsi monte carlo and really pleased with it, came from a yeti 4x4 2ltr diesel. 

Boot is a really good size and very practical,  the M C spec adds a bit of bling to the interior. 

Performance wise as you say 80% of the time will be fine. Loaded up with luggage or people and things change quite a bit. It's nippy up to 60 on the flat but on an incline trying to get it up to motorway speeds it's a different matter, obviously made worse if it was loaded. 

I drive the car mainly on my own but if I had a family then it wouldn't have been a good choice. 

Other than the engine, which I knew would not be powerful enough at certain times,  it's a great car. 

Yes, the M C has rear parking sensors as standard. 

Edited by Darren09
Spelling. Ooops

All Fabias but the base S models have rear parking sensors. I have the older 1.2 TSI, with 90PS, in a hatch not estate. Fully loaded it doesn't struggle, but you can definitely feel it and have to work it harder to get it up to speed. But it never feels like it's too underpowered.

3 minutes ago, vc-10 said:

All Fabias but the base S models have rear parking sensors. I have the older 1.2 TSI, with 90PS, in a hatch not estate. Fully loaded it doesn't struggle, but you can definitely feel it and have to work it harder to get it up to speed. But it never feels like it's too underpowered.

This is what I was hoping to hear to be honest. I feel like the Octavia is just a little too big for 80 or 90% of the time. Something like a Fabia estate would fit the bill for my next car I think. And I like the look of the Monte Carlo. Especially in red. 

Was maybe going to consider a Rapid. But the Seat Toledo seems much better value and specced if I went down that route. 

My parents have a Rapid Spaceback, in the 'SE Sport' trim which seems very similar to the Monte Carlo trim in the Fabia. I've not driven it, but dad says that he prefers the Fabia to drive, and the Fabia rides much better than the Rapid. They have the 110PS 1.2 TSI and it goes fine. They're pretty happy with it, but I know mum preferred the Superb she had before (but didn't need the space). 

Looking on autotrader I can't see any Monte Carlo Estates with both the 110PS petrol (either 1.2 or 1.0tsi) and DSG together. Was this combination ever made, or are they just very rare?

I'm coming from a mk2 VRS hatch and really like the DSG for commuting and the sportier trim style. I'd miss the power.... I was thinking of an Octavia 1.4tsi 140ps (or even VRS at a push!) but now thinking that may be too big, as the fabia has such a class leading boot size. Just frustrating they never put the 1.4tsi into the Monte Carlo or did a Fabia VRS, and you have to go to SEAT for a bit of power but with a smaller boot and uglier looks.

Edited by TeebsVRS

What about a new Mk3 Fabia hatch Limited Edition 1.4 TSI 125ps DSG if there are any chance of the public buying one, 

not that many coming to the UK.

9 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

What about a new Mk3 Fabia hatch Limited Edition 1.4 TSI 125ps DSG if there are any chance of the public buying one, 

not that many coming to the UK.

Yes getting closer to a VRS match, but looking for the added space of an estate now as prams etc are on the horizon!

On 11/01/2018 at 23:07, TeebsVRS said:

Looking on autotrader I can't see any Monte Carlo Estates with both the 110PS petrol (either 1.2 or 1.0tsi) and DSG together. Was this combination ever made, or are they just very rare?

I'm coming from a mk2 VRS hatch and really like the DSG for commuting and the sportier trim style. I'd miss the power.... I was thinking of an Octavia 1.4tsi 140ps (or even VRS at a push!) but now thinking that may be too big, as the fabia has such a class leading boot size. Just frustrating they never put the 1.4tsi into the Monte Carlo or did a Fabia VRS, and you have to go to SEAT for a bit of power but with a smaller boot and uglier looks.

No, never been able to get Monte Carlo estate with DSG

MC hatch was available with DSG (1.2 until replaced by 1.0 three cylinder)

If you want estate and DSG will be SE or SE-L trim (ignore S if considering MC equipment levels)

Skoda press release (5/1/18) shows 4518 Fabia estates sold in 2017, and 11058 Octavia estates, there were 14757 Fabia hatch sold in 2017 so estate variant is only about quarter of Fabias.

Finding a Fabia estate that has the options you want might not be that easy (there are only about 40 petrol DSGs for sale under 2 years old in whole country)

• 1 year later...

I have just swopped my Lovely Yeti fora Fabia Monte Carlo 6 speed 110PS Estate.

Hopefully this will give my motoring some future proofing.

Anyone else running one of these?

I did not notice what tires were fitted to the 2019 Monte Carlo but it was a name I did not recognise.

Update

TYRES are Nexen, Korean, anyone any info.?

Edited by gumdrop

I had Nexen all round from new on my Fabia.

Fronts lasted 28k with no drama, ( apart from in the snow like most tyres do ) rears still going strong.

Nexen have a factory in the Czech Republic and a research and development centre in Europe.

Newer / present tyres are good. Nexen are trying to move upmarket.

They only make about 40 million tyres a year but want to grow.

OE on Porsche now.

Thanks AG Falco

I’ve just got a mk3 estate with the 1.0 6spd absolutely love it especially the engine noise. Come from a mapped 1.6tdi a3 and remarkably it feels a lot like that! Low revving and plenty of power. Surprisingly at 70-80 when passing it’s so quiet and probably slightly more powerful than the 1.6.