Fixed Price Servicing

NicRobinson

Just brought my Citigo in for its first "service", which is being done now.  For my £150 I get an oil change and...that's it.  OK, they top up the washer fluid and give it a "visual inspection".

After a bit of moaning, the manager reduced it to £125 so I was happy I had a moan!  The manager did point out that the equivalent VW and Seat prices are even higher.

Of interest is that if it was a top Superb, because of the variable servicing it's £250 every 24 months/20,000 miles, or, put another way, much cheaper that for the Citigo which will need another £200+ service in another year.

Is it only me that thinks these fixed servicing prices for virtually nothing are a **** take?

Edited by NicRobinson
  • Like 1

Money for old rope, 

so if you allow them their fancy price be sure you get what you pay for.

The Road Test, the Diagnostic Check, the Health Report and what ever else, and do not pay for parts & VAT on parts not actually used.

Be sure the Body Condition report was done, have everything printed out since there is no Service Book now.

(That Free Vacuum & Wash is expensive.... Takes as long as the Service.)

http://skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed 

"Fixed" isn't fixed at all...it's the maximum the service dept. can charge...they are free to charge as little as you can negotiate. In my case, the first service (in 2014) was quoted at £135...I said that people on here were getting it for less than £100...and they instantly said "How about £90 then?". The same at the second service...about a third off the original price.

....and meant to say that I agree with you about the service prices for the larger cars...Citigo owners are subsidising owners of Yetis, Superbs, Octavias etc. No way should a Citigo cost the same (or more) as the bigger motors.

• Like 1

'Fixed' in Servicing is the 9,400 miles / 372 days or sooner if you want.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes 

Skoda 'National Pricing' is 3 to 10 year old cars in the small print, participating dealers etc. & can easily be cheaper.

*Skoda National Pricing, now removed from the websites i see.*

'Simply Fixed'

is the we can take the pith easily bit.   Full Main Dealer Service History, not worth a damn, so little work is done.

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

I blagged my first service for free as the dealership messed up my £500 free fuel card which took 12 months to get here!!! SUK emailed me before I went to the dealers to tell me they’d sorted it and it was on its way but I didn’t see it! Still got it free though ;) Am planning on trying to get the price down on the Octy next week, wish me luck!

Edited by SashaGrace