Sad goodbye

Bridgerectifier

After an enjoyable 18 months membership of Briskoda and an even more enjoyable ownership of my 2004 Superb I 1.9 TDI Comfort (Stanislav), I have to say goodbye.  Last weekend I was involved in an accident and  unfortunately Stanislav was written off.  The insurance paid me a fair amount but I doubt it will be hard find such a good car with the money.

I would like say thanks to everyone who contributed to my posts and whose excellent material I used to improve the car, particularly the authors of the water ingress solution which I followed to the letter.

I'm hoping to get another Superb. If I'm very lucky I might be getting a Superb II I have seen advertised locally, then I will be back with a Hello message!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All. I went to look at a Superb II estate thinking it would be lovely. 5 years old, 100k miles and it looked like it had never had a sevice. I saw an Octavia estate, also in poor condition but next to it was (sorry about this) a Volvo V70 and I fell in love. So it really is goodbye. Volvoforums.org.uk is not a patch on Briskoda. Not mobile friendly for a start but I'm prepared to take a gamble. I have some old brake parts which I will list in here I think. Didn't get round to fitting them...

3 hours ago, Bridgerectifier said:

Hi All. I went to look at a Superb II estate thinking it would be lovely. 5 years old, 100k miles and it looked like it had never had a sevice. I saw an Octavia estate, also in poor condition but next to it was (sorry about this) a Volvo V70 and I fell in love. So it really is goodbye. Volvoforums.org.uk is not a patch on Briskoda. Not mobile friendly for a start but I'm prepared to take a gamble. I have some old brake parts which I will list in here I think. Didn't get round to fitting them...

Adios,

Re  V70 - If it's an auto get the gearbox oil changed asap -  notorious fail on these. If it's a manual - happy days. Best car seats going!

Which engine? age?

It's a manual :), 2.4 D5, 2007, MK 2. It has a few problems to sort out such as a new battery and a tyre, both being sorted in the morning; but I like a project.

Update: three months later the water pump seized, the cam belt shredded and the engine was destroyed.

Along with the contents of the radiator the best part of £2500 went flowing down the drain. ☹️ Sad smiley.

Edited by Bridgerectifier
Update

• 1 year later...