Low tyre pressure light not going out

Got a warning that front left tyre had insufficient pressure

Stopped at a services and inflated the tyre to 31 psi

However the warning light is still on - anybody know how to cancel it out please?

The TPMS wants reset, so have you done that.

Set the 4 tyres to the pressure you want, press to reset and there you are usually.

The system warns you that a tyre or maybe more than one is not the size it was when set.

Are all tyres at 31psi, or two on the front or back, and another 2 different, they do not need to be same front and back, 

it tells you in the owners manual how to reset, and check if faulty, like the light not going out when you check.

• Thanks 1

I am away from home and I have not got the owners manual with me, I could buy a tyre pressure gauge tomorrow and check that the pairs if tyres are the same, probably won't get home until Monday and quite a few miles to go.

The best way is to set all of the tyres to the correct pressures as indicated on the inside of the fuel filler cap. Then on the infotainment system select CAR, scroll down to tyres and confirm the tyre pressures are correct. The light should then go out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am away from home and I have not got the owners manual with me, I could buy a tyre pressure gauge tomorrow and check that the pairs if tyres are the same, probably won't get home until Monday and quite a few miles to go.

If you think you have a slow puncture I would find a pressure line today and put all the tyres to the correct pressures and then do the procedure as Moley has described. That way you will know if you are losing pressure in that tyre as the light should come back on when it loses the pressure. If you leave the light on you will not know if the tyre loses pressure.

Or, it could just be "one of these things", I've only ever had a warning once on my wife's car and on my car, and both times the pressures were okay, which was good, but that warning coming on on a motorway trip meant that I dived for a safe place off the motorway system, parked up and checked, and found that "all was well" - though I did reset the warning just in case there was a very slight leak that I had missed, so I would get another warning.

Tip No 1:- always make sure that you have the car's paperwork pack in the car, though you have probably now worked that out, it can save an awful lot of stress especially when you are away from home, which unfortunately is when these things tend to happen!

• Thanks 1

I have the same issue, checked all's well seemingly, I don't have a manual - looked into finding the CAR settings but cant seem to find it.....so basically looking for help. Thanks.

All is well means different things.

You can have a tyre lose pressure so that it is no longer the same circumference when the TPMS was set so you get a warning.

When you set the TPMS the 4 tyres do not need to be the same pressure or even the Manufacturers recommended pressures, 

the tyres need not even be the size shown on the filler flap.

If you had 4 tyres the same and the pressures the same and there is a slow puncture or just a deflation / puncture and you get a warning, 

you can change the wheel, put on the spare with the slightly the smaller sized tyre, reset the TPMS and continue on slowly and not even get a TPMS warning.

As you can sometimes have a deflating tyre, stop do nothing other than reset the TPMS and then get no warning until it deflates a bit more.

The type of TPMS was designed to warn drivers with Run Flat tyres that they had a puncture, because sometimes BMW drivers were as stupid as not to know.]

On the Fabia & other VW's you can set the TPMS and slowly lose pressure over time in all 4 tyres and never get a TPMS warning.

Why you still need to check tyre pressures your self regularly, adjust to the season, load carried etc.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, V2000 said:

I have the same issue, checked all's well seemingly, I don't have a manual - looked into finding the CAR settings but cant seem to find it.....so basically looking for help. Thanks.

The CAR settings are accessed by pressing the physical button third down on the right of the radio.

Then select the 'setup' touchscreen option at the bottom of the screen which should reveal the 'Tyres' option in which you will find the 'Set' option to reset the TPMS.

Well I have pumped the two. Front tyres to the same pressure, 33 ppsi as I couldn't relate to the readings inside the fuel cap.

Have to wait and see if I get another warning light. Thanks for all your help everybody.

I had this warning appear while on the M5, luckily was only a short trip so I took it steady, got home and checked all 4 tyres and they were all fine, reset the TPMS and had nothing since, one of them things I guess.