Citigo Smartphone Mount

DJH

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

i'm getting a Citigo so it's a worry for me. Recently on the news it was reported that our already strict 6 points for touching your phone while driving penalty was about to get worse to include using your phone as a sat nav.. i think! Don't know if this is a worldwide forum or just uk? but in the UK 12 points means you loose your licence. Or getting caught twice using mobi means you loose you livelihood.

Ah - I see now. What the irritating politicians (or probably the hysterical newspapers) have been talking about is a ban on using a hands-free phone mechanism in a car. It is right that using a phone (not hands-free) is daft and is rightly illegal, but they are now saying that even if you simply talk into a phone, or listen,  this is just as dangerous*. This is not about using a SatNav, which is not (yet) a subject of major importance, because it is currently illegal to fiddle with a SatNav on the move anyway - fair enough.

* when we go down the road of agreeing that simply talking on a phone is dangerous when driving, you can be pretty sure that having the radio on, or playing music, or speaking to a passenger, or having a chatty spouse in the car, all amounts to the same 'dangerous' thing, so all these will be banned too.  And then, despite pretty much everything being banned, the roads will still not 100% safe (non! quelle surprise!), because there is, so far, no easy way to prevent imbeciles from owning and driving cars. Mostly, it's stupidity that kills and injures, but nobody will dare agree that this is true....