Bumper Protectors

I have a gloss black one, fitted from new, looking pretty tired now, gloss black scratches all too easily.

I will replace it with a different finish

Edited by Mence
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

I've just ordered one of these (been dispatched apparently) http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RS-Combi-rear-bumper-protective-panel-PURE-CARBON-FIBRE

Will let you know what it's like...

13 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

from superskoda, carbon lip and matching guard...

vRS4.jpg.c05343345b4d2acd99227d1b48c57792.jpgcarbonbadge.jpg.e1dd573a6c7fe3e6260c47ee268ada67.jpg

I do like the look of those :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Ozzy25 said:

Glossy Black

IMG_3588.JPG

4 hours ago, Mence said:

I have a gloss black one, fitted from new, looking pretty tired now, gloss black scratches all too easily.

I will replace it with a different finish

Now thats what I was looking at to go with the other black bits (the car is white), does it really look that bad after a while?

11 hours ago, Pittsy said:

I do like the look of those :biggrin:

Now thats what I was looking at to go with the other black bits (the car is white), does it really look that bad after a while?

Sorry buddy, should have qualified my comment a little better. Mine was a Skoda genuine part fitted when I took delivery of the car brand new, four years ago.

My car is regularly used for dog carrying, you find Greyhounds aren't the best at looking where they put their paws!

The high gloss finish really is nice and looks great on my Meteor Grey as it would on your white one, I guess it depends on how much practical use it will see in your ownership? If it's a combination of light use / cosmetic enhancement, defo go for it!

If it's any help at all, pick up a bottle of KKD Regloss, it works wonders masking fine scratches if applied regularly, also works really well on the gloss black door pillar trims. :)

Are these only available for estates? Looking for something for my hatch to protect the bumper when i'm putting my mountain bike in the back.

other alternative I thought of was having the clear vinyl wrap put on the bumper?