Superb L&K 2.0 TSi 220ps DSG vs Karoq Edition 1.5 TSi DSG

I am 2yrs into a 3yr PCP contract on my Superb Mk3 L&K 2.0 TDi 150ps Manual.

I am contemplating replacing it as I want to move to a DSG and at the same time going back to petrol.

I am looking at a Superb L&K 2.0 TSi DSG For which I’m getting offers (car wow) of a 24% discount on PCP, or a Karoq Edition 1.5 TSi DSG in which the discount offer is 11.5%.

I have been very happy with my current car but two reasons to “downsize” are 1) Fancy something a little bit smaller and 2) Extra insurance costs ( group 25 vs 16?)

This will be my first car with auto gearbox in 43yrs behind the wheel.

Thoughts anyone?

Although my car is a SII L&K, I have driven the Karoq for a four day test and it is the first time that I was reluctant to hand the keys back to the dealer. My Karoq was a 2.0 diesel, manual but I found it much quieter than my own car. Simply found the Karoq to be a lovely car to drive and if it had been me looking for a car and not the wife I would have bought it.

Couple of points:

Have you seen the Karoq in the flesh?

I don't think you will have any issue going to an DSG, they are great.. maybe a bit of getting used to after driving manual for so many years.

What sort of PCP deals are you getting?  

6 hours ago, technics100 said:

Couple of points:

Have you seen the Karoq in the flesh?

I don't think you will have any issue going to an DSG, they are great.. maybe a bit of getting used to after driving manual for so many years.

What sort of PCP deals are you getting?  

Superb ( List £35110 - Discounted £27015 - 23.1% )

Karoq ( List £30975 - Discounted £27421 - 11.5%)

On the waiting list for a test drive in the Karoq...

I've answered the Insurance question from two on-line quotes. The Superb is £60 a year more expensive to insure than the Karoq. Peanuts! ;0)

So it's just a case of trying out the Karoq to see if it can tempt me away from the Superb. It will have to be good...

Any comments/views/advice welcome

Edited by Rifleman
Recent information received
  • Like 1