VW Up! GTI. 2018.

Ootohere

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

What brand of tyres are they arriving with fitted?

George ,

The red one he reviewed had Goodyear I believe, not sure which variant.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Thanks 1

On 23/02/2018 at 11:13, vrskeith said:

This guy is Mr VW Up GTI in the UK

I am getting more and more tempted.

They look fun

but £13k for a tiny car is abit much for me. 

Theyll be good on the used market in a year or so imo. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

There will be plenty to choose from if VW keep on producing them.

1 careful more mature driver, or dealership / media car and one private owner.

George ,great idea,I will get my grandma to post my Autotrader ads in future,must be, worth 10% less depreciation on the deal.

Will you be directing the video with your years of experience and also post on YouTube.

You could be competing with Shmee150 in this new marketplace.

So lots of interest and orders placed.

Currently ,Order to delivery lead-time 12 weeks but dealer says increasing.

Interesting to view VW used website for demo /used release -  about 10 nationally with each car having average of 3 people watching.

How long will VW allow waiting lists to grow?

They stopped taking Golf GTE orders because they said the demand was such that they did not want customers on long lists, 

or some such excuse. Maybe the truth was that they could not be delivering them after September with the current Co2 g/km figures, EU Test results.

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

How long will VW allow waiting lists to grow?

They stopped taking Golf GTE orders because they said the demand was such that they did not want customers on long lists, 

or some such excuse. Maybe the truth was that they could not be delivering them after September with the current Co2 g/km figures, EU Test results.

Will that apply to the VW UP GTI then George?

Lovely run out in the snow on Goodyear Efficient Grip.

http://email.citnow.com/wf/click?upn=Opx9z2v-2B-2BscusVwDVz5HRiKOl0trTiIJmpB05G361iED-2Bx7ysVWuAyC4q5F-2Bdm0g_1RNteSf-2FvTzblLLgJcF8XhwXeTZzmV70qwrpaz7A4dHkkDf4eo8DpDcdQpWOU9gFoMl-2FH-2FKGGwm3d1wccwcQwoXgbvvpxr-2F91U5-2BgSAHZBYaIpPIyCWKCrYQ32GNXkAxWWVBJyAYVy-2FC1lG-2FV3jdCK0XyTAusX70i0vBIy-2FTDH1JLwW-2Ffd277r1CtGxzjgDCviLpr8d-2Bg-2BCnRVJgdp9AGqNkAoJt4sRmYOkIpmU98D1dbGZGZEw82FWnOr-2BcI79K8TP28doLflQD54mCvtwNhpnrNByKoxIdgu-2Bwl6MPr5hdHTq04kMGWbUcbsp-2Bqk5KxnhKXBn0b4Pvst5AjCdHLxxkMtVrQKXiEheLPyyl7aRtrTqA3KytCi1yvfwgbrq7pw9RcfX5qDrrMnFMU-2BPnnAhU6YDMJ0xwDhlBT97Qc0s-3D

I still have no idea if the 1.0 TSI fitted has the Gasoline Particulate Filter & has it Real World Testing.

They are not just turning out a Limited Run with the GTI are they using 1.0 TSI's / Up!'s before the demise of Up!MiiCitigo's are they?

Looks like the attention & big ups from journalists the UP! GTI should be good for getting lesser UP!MiiCitigo selling as they have been rather slow doing that.

Like the Golf GTI Clubsport S / Clubsport it does not take much spending from VW to get mag / internet space and catch the public's imagination.

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:33, AwaoffSki said:

I still have no idea if the 1.0 TSI fitted has the Gasoline Particulate Filter & has it Real World Testing.

They are not just turning out a Limited Run with the GTI are they using 1.0 TSI's / Up!'s before the demise of Up!MiiCitigo's are they?

Looks like the attention & big ups from journalists the UP! GTI should be good for getting lesser UP!MiiCitigo selling as they have been rather slow doing that.

Like the Golf GTI Clubsport S / Clubsport it does not take much spending from VW to get mag / internet space and catch the public's imagination.

George,

View Thomas's review from Monaco and he mentions Particulate Filter, its about halfway through and in the summary he repeats it.  

This colour combo looks really classy.

• Thanks 1

Just had this feedback from my local dealership in Wiltshire

WTF Delivery :

There’s now an 11 month waiting list now due to the high demand. We’ve been contacting existing customers who have placed orders already, giving them the option of waiting the new lead time or giving them the option of their money back if they don’t want to wait that long.

Let me know if you want us to see what we can do for you on a new one.

Must be worth getting early on the e-Citigo waiting list.

VW had long enough with the low volume seller / low range e-Up! to have all the knowledge and technology to make it a sub 7 second 0-62 mph 

little flyer with all the go-kart handling that any 'sporty driver' should need, with oodles of torque on demand.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Must be worth getting early on the e-Citigo waiting list.

VW had long enough with the low volume seller / low range e-Up! to have all the knowledge and technology to make it a sub 7 second 0-62 mph 

little flyer with all the go-kart handling that any 'sporty driver' should need, with oodles of torque on demand.

Think I want to hear the grumble of a very  economical sporty   Internal combustion engine and not hear the sound of a sewing m/c, which can't make it to Scotland & back without a couple or more charges.lol

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Surely VW can not Up the Up! GTI production in Bratislava then to meet demands, you would have thought they would have known they were onto a winner with them. they have trailed them for enough years getting magazine and social media space for free before finally having to actually produce them  as the sales of other Up!MiiCitgo drops off.

They must be winding down production of the current models and getting geared up to produce many more 'e' models.

They are giving the 3 sister cars a good production run, and they are really not dating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Up 

Edited by AwaoffSki

2 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Surely VW can not Up the Up! GTI production in Bratislava then to meet demands, you would have thought they would have known they were onto a winner with them. they have trailed them for enough years getting magazine and social media space for free before finally having to actually produce them  as the sales of other Up!MiiCitgo drops off.

They must be winding down production of the current models and getting geared up to produce many more 'e' models.

They are giving the 3 sister cars a good production run, and they are really not dating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Up 

So this afternoon, 20 used- pre-reg / demo cars have appeared for sale on Autotrader Nationally.

Yesterday there was one at the VW Bolton Dealership.

Most of these cars will be on a 1-3 month release date I would anticipate.

WOW.

"We have this morning been informed that the order banks for the car have now been closed. Apparently VW have taken over 3,000 orders in the last 2 weeks which has completely overwhelmed their expectations and as such the decision has been made that no more orders will be taken until they are able to commit to a realistic timescale for delivery. Now how long that will take, again I can not tell you, it could be a month, it could be 6 months, I  don't know."

Comments above from another local dealership in Salisbury (of all places currently)ironically we are going for a little run out test drive after lunch today.

Luckily I managed to  convince my friend at  my local dealership to sell me his very low mileage demo ( he was able to do that .not many are currently)

The spec as standard is fine ,for my  planned use , so a happy bunny when I read the above.

So looking forward next week to having some brisk , across Wiltshire countryside drives and fun around the twisty stuff local and further a field.

Today I'm a happy old fart, with my combo of wheels.

xxl_kfz352042_19554_ve67ujp_01.jpg

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

A future classic especially if they end up being a limited production run.

George , your comment reminds me of the days, wish I'd have kept mine.

My SE was a cracking little car. Virtually unbustable   power plant.

Edited by vrskeith

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:30, vrskeith said:

WOW.

"We have this morning been informed that the order banks for the car have now been closed. Apparently VW have taken over 3,000 orders in the last 2 weeks which has completely overwhelmed their expectations and as such the decision has been made that no more orders will be taken until they are able to commit to a realistic timescale for delivery. Now how long that will take, again I can not tell you, it could be a month, it could be 6 months, I  don't know."

Comments above from another local dealership in Salisbury (of all places currently)ironically we are going for a little run out test drive after lunch today.

Luckily I managed to  convince my friend at  my local dealership to sell me his very low mileage demo ( he was able to do that .not many are currently)

The spec as standard is fine ,for my  planned use , so a happy bunny when I read the above.

So looking forward next week to having some brisk , across Wiltshire countryside drives and fun around the twisty stuff local and further a field.

Today I'm a happy old fart, with my combo of wheels.

xxl_kfz352042_19554_ve67ujp_01.jpg

So picked up my little fun package yesterday aftenoon, Thanks to Shelley for her very professional handover. Then off on my deliberate run home across Gloucestershire and Wiltshire A&B's to really get in tune with that torguey little 3pot , slick and very smooth 6speed manual, exposing some delightful handling on the 60 miles of twisty stuff,trying to avoid all the bloody potholes which I'm sure we all experience on such a run.

Cracking day in a cracking little fun package,very complimentary to my tribe. That will do me now, that is until my missus can get her hands on a replacement for her Polo GTi in just under a years time. Orderbook is pretty much full up on those too. Happy Days for VW, provided they can ramp up their production and satisfy and not frustrate Customers.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1