Can't get mirrorlink and googlemaps to work.

I don't know if anyone can help?

We don't have built in sat nav,  so thought I could use my phone. Phone is syncs with car (phone and music) and even got mirrorlink to contact. However car says no apps. How do I get googlemaps to show / display? 

Or can you recommend another navigation app that is compatible? 

Thanks in advance 

J

3 minutes ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

You need a wired connection and androidauto.

Then you can use google maps or Waze.

Got wired connection, can't get androidauto to connect, but can connect via mirrorlink - however says no apps. 

Will Waze work with mirrorlink? 

Edited by jerrybean

3 hours ago, jerrybean said:

Got wired connection, can't get androidauto to connect, but can connect via mirrorlink - however says no apps. 

Will Waze work with mirrorlink? 

Have you heard of Google? It is amazing, if you put in MirrorLink certified apps it spits out this: :)

https://mirrorlink.com/apps

Looks like Sygic is about the only one

Edited by andyvee

On 1/21/2018 at 19:19, andyvee said:

Looks like Sygic is about the only one

Thanks andyvee,

Got Sygic to work using mirrorlink.

Still don't know why I can't get AndriodAuto to work - tried 2 different android phones and neither would connect.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jerrybean said:

Thanks andyvee,

Got Sygic to work using mirrorlink.

Still don't know why I can't get AndriodAuto to work - tried 2 different android phones and neither would connect.

Is AndroidAuto installed on your phone?

Start AndroidAuto on the phone first and see if that helps. Make sure you are connected via Bluetooth as well. Also, is the cable you are using a charge cable or a charge+data cable - i.e if you use the same cable to connect your phone to your PC can you browse files on your phone from your PC?

I had trouble with one of my cables and found out it was ony a charge cable, the data pins were not connected!

Cheers andyvee, 

I've tried connecting with androidauto on/off,

Bluetooth connected/off,

Tried different cables.

Every combination & car still shows a connection error.

However Mirror link seems to work fine, so I'll stick with that. 

It just bugs me because my mobile is not mirrorlink compatible. 

Just as well that my car is a Citigo. My phone connects via Bluetooth to my PID with no problem :biggrin:

I'll try again sometime with my phone when I have a few spare moments, I'll post the results if I find a particular fix.....

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by jerrybean

Another thing to check - go into AndroidAuto Setttings then Connected Cars, if there are any listed then delete them from the three dot menu in the top right, and make sure Add new cars to Android Auto is enabled.

I couldn't work out why it wouldn't connect to my second Kodiaq, and the add new cars setting was disabled!