Factory extended warranty new car already built

cjp2k

Hi guys I am sorting a new car for my mother got a good deal on a 1.0 tsi se hatch.

We want to add the extended Skoda 5 year warranty for 325 but dealer is saying as the car is built and at the Skoda compound it's not possible and we need to add the Bristol street third party warranty which I don't want..

Can anyone confirm it's possible to add the Skoda factory warranty option to a new car that's already built 

6 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

If the car is not First Registered in the UK the 2 year extended warranty can be added.

Confirm with Skoda UK Customer Services.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

As George states, if the car has not been registered the Extended Warranty CAN be added

Thanks guys I will be on the phone tomorrow if they want the deal that badly they will do as I request

Apparently the Skoda warranty is crap and the Bristol street one is far better.... Which I don't believe 

20 minutes ago, cjp2k said:

Thanks guys I will be on the phone tomorrow if they want the deal that badly they will do as I request

Apparently the Skoda warranty is crap and the Bristol street one is far better.... Which I don't believe 

The Skoda extended 5 year warranty ( before the car is registered ) is the same as the 3 year warranty on the new car. It's a Factory warranty. If you took out the extended Skoda warranty in 3 years to make it five years it's not the same as the Factory warranty. The Bristol Street warranty will be the same, funded by a third party, not the Factory.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

You can add the 4th and 5th year warranty after it is built. The only criteria is as said above that it is added BEFORE it is registered.

I added the 5th year to my VW Golf last year after it was built.

The dealer had to send off a form to VW UK and I was invoiced separately for it.

I asked the same question on my recently ordered Fabia and the dealer confirmed the same thing but mentioned it was easier to do at point of build order. 

Don’t let them pull the wool over your eyes, it is definitely possible to do.

Thanks guys I will be on the phone tomorrow morning to Skoda uk to get confirmation then a call to the dealership giving them the facts of life.

If I get nowhere I will pay more and go to a different dealer I would rather do that than be messed around to be honest 

Other posters are totally correct, my car was built but unalloacted to a UK dealer, I was able to purchase the Skoda extended 5 year warranty.

I had a hell of a job getting the warranty actually confirmed and register on the computer system but that is a different story.

Well they agreed with the Skoda warranty, apparently it is really easy for them to add it so my mother agreed to the car. I am going with her to sign the docs over the weekend to make sure 100% that they don't try and pull a fast one

I was told once the car was built it was too late :( I even emailed the dealer about the warranty before it was registered and they didn't even get back to me :(  I believe Skoda do an aftermarket warranty though? Won't be as good as the factory one but might be better than a Bristol Street one which will probably just be a re branded package from a company like Warranty Direct. 

Just goes to show that there are those that lie at Dealerships, and when they do be sure to let the bosses know, 

then also Skoda UK, they are the ones that import the cars, authorise Main Dealerships and need to ensure proper training.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Skoda Warranty for 12 months at a time after the Manufacturers Warranty expires is pretty good if you need one.

Extended Warranty from ŠKODA Insurance – putting ŠKODA into your insurance..mhtml

Peace of mind - ŠKODA.mhtml

Factory Warranty Terms & Conditions _ Volkswagen UK.mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki

I added the years 4 & 5 factory warranty to my Fabia, pre-registration, even though the car was actually in the country.  Utterly Straightforward. The Bristol Street problem is notbone of training, but of honesty, plain and simple. Report it to the top.  Nothing will happen, but you'll feel better.

The Seat warranty is exactly the same as Skoda's, needs purchasing before registration to get full benefit. My Leon was built in March and had been at the dealers until I took delivery mid June. Got the full 5 year warranty with no problem. But they managed to feck up the 3 year service plan.

6 hours ago, cjp2k said:

Been in today and signed the order for the 5 year Skoda warranty so all is now well 

If after a couple of months of ownership you haven’t received any confirmation, If I were you I’d follow it up to ensure the extended warranty application has been processed. I filled in the paperwork, paid the fee but mine wasn’t registered on the IT system. Took quite a bit of chasing via the dealer ( getting fobbed off with ridiculous excuses) and Skoda Assist (seemed well meaning but still pretty hopeless) before it was sorted. Apparently the dealer is supposed to send paperwork to Skoda HQ and they register it on the database. Easiest way to test it is done is ask the service dept of any dealer to check the warranty expiry date or Skoda Assist can check if you call them.

Hopefully though yours will be processed smoothly and you don’t have any of this faff.

Edited by chieflordy

6 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

..............and ask if the RAC cover is included ( I don’t think it is )...

Correct.

Roadside assistance is provided for three years from new.

Warranty extension (to four or five years) does not include roadside assistance.

11 hours ago, thamestrader said:

If you haven't already done so make sure that the 5 year warranty is explicitly stated on the final invoice.

31 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

..............and ask if the RAC cover is included ( I don’t think it is ) Many have been caught out thinking it is

7 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

It is the AA now that provides it not the RAC?

Re phrased,

..............and ask if brakedown cover is included (Idon’t think it is ) Many have been caught out thinking it is

• Like 1