Shopping List

planehazza

Been doing some reading, and it seems that Jetseal 109 is overrated and not actually that good. I need a couple of things anyways so I'm putting an order in today. I need the following items, and have added the ones I'm looking at:

- New wash mitt/pad (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/…/sheepskin-was…/prod_569.html)

- New drying towel (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php…)

- wax remover/cleanser to remove crappy factory wax (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/…/dodo-juice-li…/prod_455.html)

- wax (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/bilt-hamber-do…/prod_1671.html)

Any thoughts?

18 hours ago, Gissin said:

all decent products - Halfords are doing  the AG HD Wax for £14 at the moment which is good too

Thanks.  I see it's not actually £14, but is £14 off, down to £34 I think it was.  

Are there any wax cleaners that can simply be added into the wash buckets or snow foam lance, that will strip the wax during the cleaning phase?

12 minutes ago, planehazza said:

Are there any wax cleaners that can simply be added into the wash buckets or snow foam lance, that will strip the wax during the cleaning phase?

Unknown.jpeg

Cheap as chips

*** Other Washing up Liquids are available ***

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

9 minutes ago, planehazza said:

Thanks.  I see it's not actually £14, but is £14 off, down to £34 I think it was.  

ah yes, my mistake!

I find the best and cheapest way to strip you coatings back is fairly liquid in hot water - but I wouldn't do this often like maybe once a year/2 years

a pre wax cleanser or clay will also take any coating off like dodo juice once you have mentioned

6 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Unknown.jpeg

Cheap as chips

*** Other Washing up Liquids are available ***

Never even thought of that.  I thought it best to avoid due to it being able to damage certain rubbers etc?

Thanks, all.  Maybe I'm overthinking this.  Do I actually need to remove the factory wax? I'm not planning on polishing or doing any form of paint correction, apart from checking for fallout and tar etc.  Can I just clean the car, decontaminate, then apply a good wax, or is it really important to  fully remove whatever wax/sealant BMW put on the car?

4 minutes ago, planehazza said:

Thanks, all.  Maybe I'm overthinking this.  Do I actually need to remove the factory wax? I'm not planning on polishing or doing any form of paint correction, apart from checking for fallout and tar etc.  Can I just clean the car, decontaminate, then apply a good wax, or is it really important to  fully remove whatever wax/sealant BMW put on the car?

If it was me, I'd get rid of the wax/sealent and start from scratch again, Ok, extra work perhaps but at least you will know whats been applied and you can act/top up as required. A clean car is an easy car to keep clean

32 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

If it was me, I'd get rid of the wax/sealent and start from scratch again, Ok, extra work perhaps but at least you will know whats been applied and you can act/top up as required. A clean car is an easy car to keep clean

Yeah I thought so, just wanted to double check. So, good snow foaming, two bucket wash, decon (tar/fallout), pre wax cleanse (either fairy or some product), quick wash, wax.

Should see it come out lovely.

3 hours ago, planehazza said:

Yeah I thought so, just wanted to double check. So, good snow foaming, two bucket wash, decon (tar/fallout), pre wax cleanse (either fairy or some product), quick wash, wax.

Should see it come out lovely.

100% worth it starting from scratch

what year is it? have you checked the paint for defects? you've not mentioned polish ..(polish to bring out shine and colour , wax to protect) 

what colour is your car? could be better using a sealant over a wax.

for a fallout remover I highly recommend bilt hamber korrosol .. I use it on everything!

put some wax on those rims too!

• Like 1

It's a brand new car, rolled off the production line 3 weeks ago.  It's a lease that I have to return in 24 months, so I'm not taking a machine polisher anywhere near it in case I mess it up and have to pay for a respray.

I literally just want to clean it thoroughly, remove the factory crap, then apply a good wax LSP.  I have AG aqua wax which I plan to use to top up the protection every month or so.