Octavia 1.6 tdi dsg vs Kia Niro hybrid

Hello there,

Which one to get? Which would deliver better economy?

Torn between the two cars: Octavia and Niro. Buying it for cab driving. Currently living in Malta-like one big city with not huge distances, some hills and mainly city type of driving.  Image,space and comfort wise I want to go with the Octavia , but the Niro is a hybrid with sensible economy . Help me to decide on the Octavia. Any help/experience appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by darrenvrs

If you are using it as a taxi in a city environment, the benefits of a hybrid are probably lost after your overnight charge has been used (i guess you only have 20-30km range on hybrid power??)

Then you are taking the hit of a petrol engine dragging around a heavy hybrid system the rest of the day.

Then again, a diesel in a city environement will not return the best fuel economy figures either.

Do you know any other taxi drivers who have hybrid in your area?

For me, a hybrid system is pointless unless you can use it just for a commute each day & then do limited mileage afterwards.

Once the hybrid power is used, you are running on the petrol/diesel engine for the rest of the time & it has to carry round all the additional weight of two systems so will give significantly less economy than the standard version on its own.

• Like 1