Start button and kessy

Odie

Hi all,  Ive just bought a pre-registered 2017 ex display fabia 3 se-l, but im a bit confused about the specifications. It has a start button, so does that mean it has kessy? or is the start button standard on the se-l? How can i tell if kessy is fitted? Its not locking/unlocking via the kessy method. Im struggling to find out the exact specifications of the car, ie what extra options it had fitted. Its a showroom car but alas it doesnt have everything.

Yes a Start Engine/stop button does mean you have the KESSY system. See article: - http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/car-security/keyless-lock-start

Although this refers to Volkswagen it works the same way in Skoda cars.

Others have had trouble with unlocking & locking via the KESSY system. Check out other threads on this Briskoda forum. To date no solution has been found but keep checking for updates in case a fix is found. It is probably a fault in the KESSY system that Skoda have not yet admitted to.

6 hours ago, Odie said:

Hi all,  Ive just bought a pre-registered 2017 ex display fabia 3 se-l, but im a bit confused about the specifications. It has a start button, so does that mean it has kessy? or is the start button standard on the se-l? How can i tell if kessy is fitted? Its not locking/unlocking via the kessy method. Im struggling to find out the exact specifications of the car, ie what extra options it had fitted. Its a showroom car but alas it doesnt have everything.

I have a 2016 SEL Combi which, as standard. came with what Skoda term KESSY GO which is basically a keyless ignition (start/stop button) but not the full keyless entry (keyfob buttons still used).

Unless Skoda have changed the standard features this is probably what you've got unless the original owner specified keyless entry as an option.

HTH

Neil.

35 minutes ago, fabikent said:

I have a 2016 SEL Combi which, as standard. came with what Skoda term KESSY GO which is basically a keyless ignition (start/stop button) but not the full keyless entry (keyfob buttons still used).

Unless Skoda have changed the standard features this is probably what you've got unless the original owner specified keyless entry as an option.

HTH

Neil.

Well, izzat Essy? :cool:

Think I’ve got exactly that, key needed for unlocking but from there it’s the start/stop button.

Never understood the keyless system. Suppose the engine doesn’t start without pushing something? I certainly wouldn’t buy a car unlocking just approaching, one may have an errand causing passning the car. Or would Kessy know what you’re up to?:blink::biggrin:

1 hour ago, pfaff said:

Well, izzat Essy? :cool:

Think I’ve got exactly that, key needed for unlocking but from there it’s the start/stop button.

Never understood the keyless system. Suppose the engine doesn’t start without pushing something? I certainly wouldn’t buy a car unlocking just approaching, one may have an errand causing passning the car. Or would Kessy know what you’re up to?:blink::biggrin:

As I understand it the standard set-up that you and I have is called "KESSY GO".

The upgrade to full KESSY (a £160 option in 2016) added the keyless entry but retained the push button start/stop but is not something I would pay extra for although I understand from those that have it, that it works quite well at both unlocking and locking the car when the key is detected within a certain distance.

Neil.

Edited by fabikent