replacement wing mirror

Towny

Hi, some lovely person decided to use my car as a crash barrier and wiped my drivers door wing mirror out. Im just wondering if anyone has one lying about they are willing to part with? Thanks

You will need to advise type - manual adjustment, internal adjuster, electric, electric heated etc. I recently had the same issue with hit/run and managed to pick one up from Ebay - wrong colour but serves its purpose.  - elec and heated for £20.

1 hour ago, KeithCheetham said:

You will need to advise type - manual adjustment, internal adjuster, electric, electric heated etc. I recently had the same issue with hit/run and managed to pick one up from Ebay - wrong colour but serves its purpose.  - elec and heated for £20.

Its electric heated. Ill have a look on eBay, just thought this might be a better and more trusting place to start. Thank you.

1 hour ago, JWvrs25 said:

And get some replacement door card clips as it will have to be removed to replace mirror, and the original clips always break.

I will do. Thanks for the heads up.

One other thing I did was to cut the wires in the internal finisher behind the mirror and soldered the new mirror wires here - saved me removing door card. Cannot be done with internally (manually) adjusted type as the cable holds everything in tension. What cutting/soldering does not allow is confirmation that the replacement mirror will work and probably stops returning for a refund. 

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

can anyone advise if the mk1 wing mirrors are all the same across the models?

we have a mk1 2006 estate and have seen some VRS mirrors advertised, just wondered if they are the same?

I'm only after a pair of the plastic covers to replace the scraped ones on our car

thanks