Engine revs without foot on accelarator

Hi,

does anyone have any further updates on this? I'm looking into a Seat with the same engine, tried it for a short drive at the dealers and did not notice the problem. I did notice that the number of complaints dropped across this thread and on the T-Roc forum as well. Not sure if people just gave up or the new cars don't have that problem.

• 1 year later...

Don't know how I got here, but I'm glad I did!

Karoq 1.5 SEL TSI estate 110kW.  Reg Mar 2020.  Only 2500 miles.

Kangaroos (a bit) when pulling away when cold.  Every time.

Not when turning round carefully in a rather tight drive, just when pulling onto the road outside.

Never mind, the whole car is designed to be "inclusive" so it can be driven by people who can't drive!

2 minutes ago, Trogglet said:

Don't know how I got here, but I'm glad I did!

Karoq 1.5 SEL TSI estate 110kW.  Reg Mar 2020.  Only 2500 miles.

Kangaroos (a bit) when pulling away when cold.  Every time.

Not when turning round carefully in a rather tight drive, just when pulling onto the road outside.

Never mind, the whole car is designed to be "inclusive" so it can be driven by people who can't drive!

Kangaroo hopping when cold appears to be a normal function of the 1.5 TSI as my friend has just found out with an Octavia mk IV. Dealer says it's normal. 

Thanks, Redboy.

I'll tell good lady wife - she has been looking at me a bit oddly when this happens - now I can tell her it's not me, it's just a "feature" of this engine.

Maybe we could organise an expedition to go and throw rocks at VW executives.

No, they're not worth it.

Keep smiling .........

• 1 year later...

I know that this thread pretty old, but just found it. I have also started a similar thread more than a year ago on the same issue, which is still unresolved : 

My car however has a smaller 1.2 TSI 81KW engine, but the autorevving issue is still the same. 

I am aware of the other issue with the 1.5 TSI engine causing the kangarooing effect, but I am interested only on the autorevving problem. Can somebody tell, what engines are affected in the referenced TPI Bulletin 2049644/2 by @vegit8 ? I would like to go back to the dealership with this number, but just want to be sure that my car is listed.