Vrs estate buyer

Hi!

ive been looking for the right vrs estate for a while and one has been for sale on the major websites for a while. Silver 13 reg on auto trader.

I’ve already spoken to dealer over the phone and queried service history. 2 main dealer services at 19k & 39k. Now at 45k should I expect more services to have occurred? 

Im going for a test drive tomorrow. Other than checking general condition does anyone else recommend further checks I can do to ensure I’m gettin a sweet runner?

thanks

Andy

That would be the correct servicing if someone had the car on Flexible / Variable servicing. 

It would be nice to have had Fixed Services / Minor Services inbetween those Major Services. 

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes 

You need to know what got replaced at those Services, not just Oil / Filter, 

when was the Air Filter  changed was that last service, what about the Spark Plugs, Brake Fluid in 2016?

You want to know if there is any Warranty History, and being a 2013 was Service Campaign '34H5' required, and is it done?

You need to budget for a Service so that you know it is all OK & done, if the Dealership is not going to do it, 

Air & Pollen Filter, and Spark Plugs if not certain they were changed at 39,000 miles.

There is a cracking Estate for sale on Briskoda in the Ads if you could buy privately.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Cheers for quick reply!

thanks for the advice, glad to have some specific things to look for when I go to view. I’m looking to haggle a service out of them if the major hasn’t been done at 39k and then go for the new service plan Škoda offer for a major and minor service @ £387. If main dealer has serviced will the parts replaced be itemised in the vehicle service documents? Can I verify this with Škoda using the registration?

the one on classifieds is gorgeous and is exptremely well appointed but my budget just doesn’t allow a £2k jump.(new baby on the way, hence the vrs estate)

I would give the Service Plan a miss. 

You want proper servicing. 

The Spark Plugs checked / changed every 20,000 miles, not 40,000.  & the Air Filter every 2 years maybe. 

Even each year.

Not a Technician / Service Plan saying not due. 

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

Have pm’d You 

On 07/02/2018 at 00:03, superandy said:

Cheers for quick reply!

thanks for the advice, glad to have some specific things to look for when I go to view. I’m looking to haggle a service out of them if the major hasn’t been done at 39k and then go for the new service plan Škoda offer for a major and minor service @ £387. If main dealer has serviced will the parts replaced be itemised in the vehicle service documents? Can I verify this with Škoda using the registration?

the one on classifieds is gorgeous and is exptremely well appointed but my budget just doesn’t allow a £2k jump.(new baby on the way, hence the vrs estate)

If you paid the deposit over the phone without seeing the car then you are entitled to a refund under distance selling regulations.  If you were there and they didn’t tell you it was a non refundable deposit then you’re entitled to a refund.

is this a DSG?  Check that it’s had it’s full gearbox service and the oil TSB done.

there was someone thinking of selling a VrS on here, it was immaculate and loaded with goodies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, globalste said:

If you paid the deposit over the phone without seeing the car then you are entitled to a refund under distance selling regulations.  If you were there and they didn’t tell you it was a non refundable deposit then you’re entitled to a refund.

is this a DSG?  Check that it’s had it’s full gearbox service and the oil TSB done.

there was someone thinking of selling a VrS on here, it was immaculate and loaded with goodies.

That’s me and we have spoken ;-) 

There is no 'Full Gearbox Service' for a DQ200 in a Mk2 Fabia vRS. 

Or a DQ200 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG in any other vehicle.

There are some that are part of the Service Campaign for ones from 2009/10-2013, '34F7',  Synthetic oil changed to Mineral, and a Software Update, and a sticker.

or 2013-2014/15 '34H5' a Software Update and a sticker.    Both done free.

Edited by AwaoffSki

It’s had the campaign oil and software. Rang ŠKODA smyself and verified. All servicing is good also. Having another look tomorrow and if all not right will be still in the market. 

Thanks for the the advice and all of the potential vehicles!

Only on 6 Speed Wet Clutch or the new 7 speed Wet clutch DSG, 

not on the DQ200, even though some service desk staff have been telling customers it needs doing.

If you can see where Audi price a DSG Service on a DQ200 DSG please link it. 

Ask Audi if this about 'transmission fluid' / Audi S-Tronic Fluid change includes the DQ200 DSG / S-tronic, because there are millions of them Globally not having 38,000 / 40,000 mile Oil changes.

http://audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/regular-maintenance.html 

Edited by AwaoffSki