Driver Assist settings keep resetting

Bobek

I’ve had the Sportsline MY17 for two weeks now. Every time I restart the car the Blind Spot and Rear Traffic alerts are switched off. I’e tried through settings, on the steering wheel and reassigning the keys with nothing working to keep them activated for when I start the car again. Anyone experience a similar issue and is there a fix?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated it’s driving me nuts...

Thanks

How many times has it done this Bobek? Just a guess but I'm led to believe it takes a few times to "learn" your preferences, then keeps them (except for transmission mode - there's a thread about that in here somewhere). If you've been using different keys it may just be that you haven't programmed it enough times with each for it to understand what you want it to remember. 

Thanks Jeff. I’ve probably done it 15x plus after starting up and whilst driving which is why I’m getting really frustrated. What you’re saying sort of fits with the fact I reverse into my driveway so thinking about it I therefore always switch off the ignition after it deactivates. I’ll make a conscious effort to reactivate them before switching off the ignition and see how I go.

Thanks again

have u checked the personalization settings, that you have them on?

my wife's key is personalised to turn off certain assist systems, wheras with my key, they are set to be active.

11 hours ago, Bobek said:

Thanks Jeff. I’ve probably done it 15x plus after starting up and whilst driving which is why I’m getting really frustrated. What you’re saying sort of fits with the fact I reverse into my driveway so thinking about it I therefore always switch off the ignition after it deactivates. I’ll make a conscious effort to reactivate them before switching off the ignition and see how I go.

Thanks again

I had the very same issue. After fighting with it for 2 weeks, I stumbled on the fix. You need to set your key in the infotainment system to your profile, then set all of the functions you want to have assigned to you, then save the selections to the seat memory, the seat memory part was the fix. Once I did this, all functions remained switched on all of the time on the key assigned to my profile.

Nothing plugged in or a tow bar and personalization is turned on. Keeps all settings and changes specific to the two key assignments aside from those two assist features. Last time I drove I made sure I reactivated them after reversing and before switching the car off. Just popped out the shops, they were on when I started the car, still on when I started the car coming back home but as soon as I reversed into my driveway and checked after the car was put in P they were off again. Reactivated them again before I switched the car off. Hopefully the car is just being a little stubborn in learning the preference. I’ll give it another week of persistence reactivating them after reversing before taking it in for a check.

Thanks for your suggestions and if anyone has any more ideas on the cause feel free to let me know...

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Both Blind Spot Assist and Rear Traffic Alert keep coming up as unavailable. Tried switching ignition on/off etc but to no avail.  Occasionally I can select them again but no sooner as I start driving they immediately become unavailable again.  Have reported it to local Skoda garage and it's booked in for possible repair.

50 minutes ago, Muff said:

I have the same problem. Both Blind Spot Assist and Rear Traffic Alert keep coming up as unavailable. Tried switching ignition on/off etc but to no avail.  Occasionally I can select them again but no sooner as I start driving they immediately become unavailable again.  Have reported it to local Skoda garage and it's booked in for possible repair.

If I read it right this is a slightly different problem in that they aren't working rather than just resetting to off when you park up? Definitely sounds like it needs looking at. Has it been going on long @Muff? Any signs that someone has given your car a love tap from behind?

ACC does this.  I have my profile set and associated to KESSY, memory seats set/working, etc

The Driver Assist menu will often, randomly show the 'Last distance selected' box as unchecked despite me checking it and I'll need to use that menu or the stalk to set my preferred distance to the car in front.  

Never tried using this one Penguin. Is it used if you don't like the setting of "close, medium, far" for the ACC? If so, I'll give it a go as I'd like something a bit closer than medium, but not as close as close (if you see what I mean:blush). Mine is also set to the KESSY so SWMBO can have her own set-up against her key.

5 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Never tried using this one Penguin. Is it used if you don't like the setting of "close, medium, far" for the ACC? If so, I'll give it a go as I'd like something a bit closer than medium, but not as close as close (if you see what I mean:blush). Mine is also set to the KESSY so SWMBO can have her own set-up against her key.

IME the close/very close isn't that close at all and in no way do I feel it would put me, the kids or the person I'm behind in danger.  It's not the full on 320D (with MSport badge) close, put it that way! 

• Thanks 1

@BriskodaJeff sorry I missed answering your question - this setting will (or is supposed to) remember the last distance you selected so when you enable ACC again it will maintain the preset/preferred gap to the car in front.    Just a 'saved preference' so to speak. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Muff said:

Mine too is playing up since the cold weather a few weeks ago, I’ve got it booked into the dealers in a couple of weeks time. Weirdly it is fine when at running road speeds but as soon as I’m crawling in traffic or just manoeuvring – Bong – “Rear Traffic Alert/Blind Spot Monitor currently unavail.” on the MaxiDot. Only a couple of times has it refused to re-engage on the tick box, at which point the main Vehicle Status screen showed a problem, otherwise this screen says there are no problems.

Ivan. 

957F40FC-80F2-4E3B-A61E-7B2549504478.jpeg

Edited by Ivan8192

• 4 weeks later...

Took three months and somehow came good. Actually got worse before it got better. At one stage it was unavailable full stop giving me the same message as Ivan’s photo above. I’m convinced it was some sort of a bug with the parking assist system of sensors rather than any personalisation settings issue.

On at all times now and hasn’t missed a beat. Thinking the car knew I booked it in for a check up and came to its senses :-)

Booked mine in to the garage to have it looked at and hey, what do you know?  It started working again a few days before I was due to take it in.  I obviously scared my car into playing properly as well.

i had this problem on my l&k it happened when i picked it up new from dealer. i traced it to my car having a rear wiper and camera. every time i put it in revers the assistants would go off  i went back to the dealer and i found out the car was programmed to a lower spec car in the pdi when they put the correct software on the car it all worked ok.

• 1 year later...

I'm also having this problem with my 2017 L&K and not getting very far with the dealer.

The problem occurs after I've used the tow bar - the car sees the tow bar (on the infotainment screen) and turns the systems off (blind spot and rear assist).

After I disconnect the tow bar, the car sees the tow bar isn't connected on the infortainment screen.

I can manually turn the systems back on, but as soon as I go into reverse, or get close to something with the front of the car they disable again. The only way this has been corrected is doing a software reset on the car at which point it all works again. I'm sure it's a setting on the car (it's not correctly monitoring the tow connection), but the dealer won't even look at it as it's not a Skoda tow bar (even though the Skoda dealer recommended I have a third party one fitted when I bought the car!).

Anyone also having the same issue?