Octavia 245 with Challenge Plus Pack at Geneva Show

http://iframe.skoda.fr/doc/brochures/my2019_tarifs_octavia_rs_07062018.pdf

Pack RS Challenge :

- Suspensions pilotées (DCC)
- 
Sorties d’échappement noir glossy
- Sellerie cuir/Alcantara®
- Sièges sport avant à réglages électriques, siège conducteur à mémoire
- Rétroviseurs extérieurs électrochromatiques à mémoire et rabattables électriquement - Emblème VRS avec « V » noir
- Rampes de pavillon noires glossy (sur Combi)
- Chronomètre

1 990 

- Piloted suspensions (DCC)
- Black glossy exhaust outlets
- Leather upholstery / Alcantara®
- Power front sports seats, memory driver's seat
- Electrochromatic external mirrors with memory and electric folding - VRS emblem with "V" black
- Glossy Black Flag Ramps (on Combi)
- Stopwatch

12 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

http://iframe.skoda.fr/doc/brochures/my2019_tarifs_octavia_rs_07062018.pdf

Pack RS Challenge :

- Suspensions pilotées (DCC)
- 
Sorties d’échappement noir glossy
- Sellerie cuir/Alcantara®
- Sièges sport avant à réglages électriques, siège conducteur à mémoire
- Rétroviseurs extérieurs électrochromatiques à mémoire et rabattables électriquement - Emblème VRS avec « V » noir
- Rampes de pavillon noires glossy (sur Combi)
- Chronomètre

1 990 

- Piloted suspensions (DCC)
- Black glossy exhaust outlets
- Leather upholstery / Alcantara®
- Power front sports seats, memory driver's seat
- Electrochromatic external mirrors with memory and electric folding - VRS emblem with "V" black
- Glossy Black Flag Ramps (on Combi)
- Stopwatch

So nearly 2,000 Euro's extra for what seems to be standard on a basic 2018 model VRS245, GO FIGURE!:devil:

Maybe that's the challenge....justifying 2K for some gloss black trinkets and a stop watch which can be enabled via VCDS for free anyway (it is on most other MQB cars).

2k for a warranty friendly 20-50 bhp remap, Michelin PS4's, better e-diff and suspension setup.  Now that would be a different matter all together! 

4 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Maybe that's the challenge....justifying 2K for some gloss black trinkets and a stop watch which can be enabled via VCDS for free anyway (it is on most other MQB cars).

2k for a warranty friendly 20-50 bhp remap, Michelin PS4's, better e-diff and suspension setup.  Now that would be a different matter all together! 

The lap timer is standard on my car anyway!:blink:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

The lap timer is standard on my car anyway!:blink:

I wasn't sure if the performance monitor was on the Octy vRS, it's on the Superb.  Boost, power and G metre in one view and stop watch on the other.  Just what you need on a Superb :giggle:

24 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I wasn't sure if the performance monitor was on the Octy vRS, it's on the Superb.  Boost, power and G metre in one view and stop watch on the other.  Just what you need on a Superb :giggle:

Yeah that's all available to view on the 245 and probably on some 230's as well!:biggrin:Funny thing about that article is that my car's Black Magic sounds so much nicer than the Meteor Grey in French."Would sir prefer the NOIR MAGIC or GRIS PERLE?".:dry:

On 07/08/2018 at 12:07, shyVRS245 said:

So nearly 2,000 Euro's extra for what seems to be standard on a basic 2018 model VRS245, GO FIGURE!:devil:

But the MY18 245 was priced at a premium to get that stuff too?

DCC was not standard on MY18. So I guess if you really really want DCC and electric seats it's not that bad, but as the basic MY19 VRS is now 245 and VAQ it may be the sweet spot.

Let's see how the UK options/pricing pans out.

5 hours ago, juan27 said:

Let's see how the UK options/pricing pans out.

Exactly...but tbh I'm losing patience quickly,there are no MY 18 cars left and Skoda are still keeping the MY19 specs and prices top secret.

There are plenty of alternatives available,especially if you take in pre owned cars up to a year old.

Poor customer relations IMO.

One thing does seem to be apparent from the French brochure, if I'm reading it right , You can now have a your VRS 245 with added black bits (ie like a MY18 245) any in of the VRS range of colours and with 18" wheels 

(The 19" Extremes are not part of the Challenge pack - in France at least). 

Edited by juan27

18 minutes ago, *JP* said:

Exactly...but tbh I'm losing patience quickly,there are no MY 18 cars left and Skoda are still keeping the MY19 specs and prices top secret.

There are plenty of alternatives available,especially if you take in pre owned cars up to a year old.

Poor customer relations IMO.

If you were going to buy used there isn't too much problem in sourcing a VRS245 though I guess?  Haven't seen much evidence of scarcity of supply new in 2018 hardening the used prices.