Octavia 245 with Challenge Plus Pack at Geneva Show

55 minutes ago, Mark944gold said:

Details are available on Skoda site with a link to the brochure but doesn't seem to give much details, only showing one petrol engine which is 180KW or about 240BHP, but looks like virtual dash is standard.

Brochure

OK I now believe all the TSi VRS from now on will be 245PS.

Not much really new apart from colours (for the 245 at least) and the digital dash at a quick skim,  will be nice if existing stuff becomes standard of course.

Bizarre that the chrome grille is now apparently an option and the black pack standard!

Edited by juan27

On 27/02/2018 at 12:15, juan27 said:

Ah so they've read the press release too.  ;)

Shame the Vega alloys on offer are 18” not 19” like the Superb. 

Looks like some nice additions though. 

Edit: Lol, not sure how I managed to quote that post. Anyway...

Edited by SC03OTT

4 minutes ago, tuner111 said:

The VAQ is gone on the My19 rs i see ! :o 

Not sure about that as it was mentioned in the original press release last week. My money would be on Challenge Plus including VAQ, standard 245 RS without.

Sounds to me as though the CP has DCC as standard to make up for the standard VRS having black pack and 245 engine which makes sense if they are preserving a similar price differential (no pun intended).

5 hours ago, juan27 said:

OK I now believe all the TSi VRS from now on will be 245PS.

Not much really new apart from colours (for the 245 at least) and the digital dash at a quick skim,  will be nice if existing stuff becomes standard of course.

Bizarre that the chrome grille is now apparently an option and the black pack standard!

Where are you seeing that what colours are available for the 245?

13 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

Where are you seeing that what colours are available for the 245?

Its in the link above the post you’ve quoted.  There is no longer a 230 and 245. Just a vRS with 245PS and a few other things as standard. Colours are also in the linked brochure. 

2 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Its in the link above the post you’ve quoted.  There is no longer a 230 and 245. Just a vRS with 245PS and a few other things as standard. Colours are also in the linked brochure. 

That brochure covers the 245, 245 + Challenge Pack, and the TDI. There's nothing to say which models are available with which colours. 

Bit annoying alright, mine is penciled in for BW18 having been ordered start of November. At this stage i'd almost be happy for it to be delayed a little bit longer if it means getting some extra equipment! BW22 is the start of MY19 right?

Will be keeping a close eye on pricing and specs once they come out in the next while to make sure i'm not missing out or overpaying.

13 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

Bit annoying alright, mine is penciled in for BW18 having been ordered start of November. At this stage i'd almost be happy for it to be delayed a little bit longer if it means getting some extra equipment! BW22 is the start of MY19 right?

Will be keeping a close eye on pricing and specs once they come out in the next while to make sure i'm not missing out or overpaying.

Mines now bw22 but suspect MY19 will start bw26 as that’s when current 245 build ends and new engines come in (I believe) - happy to be corrected if anyone knows more

1 hour ago, Mcburns88 said:

That brochure covers the 245, 245 + Challenge Pack, and the TDI. There's nothing to say which models are available with which colours. 

Well I think we can assume the "standard" 245 and TDi will be available in lots of colours. I guess the only question will be if the 245 CP will follow the pre FL 230 and MY18 245 in having more  limited choice?

In the end the brochure doesn't fully say what the CP consists of, never mind what colours it might come in. 

Edited by juan27

28 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Mines now bw22 but suspect MY19 will start bw26 as that’s when current 245 build ends and new engines come in (I believe) - happy to be corrected if anyone knows more

Its hardly a new engine unless someone's noticed something radically different in the tech specs. Dpf is part of the exhaust, surely?

Edited by juan27

47 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Its hardly a new engine unless someone's noticed something radically different in the tech specs. Dpf is part of the exhaust, surely?

Agreed - just the GPF as the

main diff to the current TSI

I reckon there's going to be a hefty price hike for MY19 VRS models

With apparently more standard equipment, the law of supply and demand, and the £ still very low against the Euro and Czech Koruna it seems inevitable.

If we’ve ordered a 245 already but it doesn’t arrive till MY19, could we lose out?  For example the brochure suggests the MY19 car will have 18” wheels with 19” as an option, whereas MY18 245 has 19” wheels as std.  Also looks as though the black exhaust will be a CP offering only and possibly no VAQ.  Anyone ordered a car which has then gone into a new MY year and lost out on what they originally ordered/expected?

14 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

If we’ve ordered a 245 already but it doesn’t arrive till MY19, could we lose out?  For example the brochure suggests the MY19 car will have 18” wheels with 19” as an option, whereas MY18 245 has 19” wheels as std.  Also looks as though the black exhaust will be a CP offering only and possibly no VAQ.  Anyone ordered a car which has then gone into a new MY year and lost out on what they originally ordered/expected?

If you've ordered a MY18 245 I can't see how they could give you a MY19 standard VRS. We are all assuming the CP is the "new" 245, that is the top petrol VRS, so it would be the MY19 equivalent. Sounds to me like much the same car with standard DCC.

To be honest though I think you will get exactly what you ordered.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, juan27 said:

If you've ordered a MY18 245 I can't see how they could give you a MY19 standard VRS. We are all assuming the CP is the "new" 245, that is the top petrol VRS, so it would be the MY19 equivalent. Sounds to me like much the same car with standard DCC.

To be honest though I think you will get exactly what you ordered.

I’d be very happy getting what I originally ordered - just don’t want to lose out on the larger wheels and VAQ if they aren’t on the MY19 version.

On 2/22/2018 at 19:50, nidza said:

I don't think anything really major will be changed. A little hype.

RS is recently in parallel with GTI. Meaning, if GTI is 230 + 245 with PP, there will be RS and RS Challenge plus. I believe they are just changing the nomenclature due to confusion, RS - RS 230 - RS FL or 230 - RS 245 ?! Now you will have in parallel GTI (PP) and RS (CP). 

Outside I don't know what major change can be, probably something so insignificant. Inside Octavia will get digital gauges (yuck) and interior lighting a'la superb sportline. 

Just a hype. 

It will be the same damn ugly 4-eyed FL. I don't think they will surprise me with a Superb like front. This could have been one of the prettiest Škodas ever, but I don't think so.

As I have foreseen, just a marketing. Looking into a brochure, RS is same old one RS, but with 245 HP. You recognize it with silver exhaust pipes, as it already was.

Challenge pack is black exhaust, more equipped, VAQ, maybe DCC included. Same as preFL RS230 and FL RS245.

New nomenclature is better, and they will most likely keep it for Octavia 4, as current one was rather confusing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mcburns88 said:

I'm going to keep an eye on the values too, just to be aware of any negative impact - it's already on the list with my case handler.

3 hours ago, SimonD316 said:

I’m not sure the brochure is talking aboit UK spec. It’s called the VRS because Ford own the RS trademark. The brochure only mentions the RS so until it’s on the UK website I’m not taking this as right.

I'm not sure Ford won that case about RS, but that's another story. Correct though that a UK brochure would have VRS.

The brochure is presumably a generic international offering for the show, which explains why its a bit vague.  It certainly shows the faux carbon fibre trim of the "standard" VRS in the interior, not the piano black of the MY18 245. 

I assume the brochure is all there is at the Geneva show? ie there isn't a CP there in the metal? Anyone know?

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

I assume the brochure is all there is at the Geneva show? ie there isn't a CP there in the metal? Anyone know?

Saw pics of a red combi 245 with black exhaust on skoda fb Geneva post yesterday  Had assumed that was the CP as mentions of the black pack on standard 245 only refer to the grill and mirrors.

• Like 1