Do dealers do vcds coding?

I would very much doubt it.  I want to add these too and am looking for someone in South Wales with vcds that can help me.  I'm happy to pay a reasonable price, of course.  I also want to add rear lights and dash lights when drls are on, fan speed display when auto is selected and passenger seat heater memory on when ignition off.  

Although I have VCDS I do not know how to do what you need. There is a Octavia guy in Newport (two years ago who helped me at that time) who is quite skilled in the operation of VCDS, sorry I can't remember his name. Most if not all people with VCDS only want a cup of tea or simple fuel expenses. Have a look on the VCDS map.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Penpusher said:

I would very much doubt it.  I want to add these too and am looking for someone in South Wales with vcds that can help me.  I'm happy to pay a reasonable price, of course.  I also want to add rear lights and dash lights when drls are on, fan speed display when auto is selected and passenger seat heater memory on when ignition off.  

If you find anyone then let me know as I will be looking soon when I get mine. Hoping I can have the needle sweep that my Octy does too. In the Swansea area here but happy to travel south Wales area. May also look in Birmingham too as I have family up their so could get it done on a visit up.

19 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Thanks all  - suspected as much. I'm in Brizzle but happy to venture into the Principality if you find someone. 

Look on the VCDS owners map:

There's a guy in Corby, Northants with user name Phillips and he's still active in the Octavia boards.  Straight down the M42/M6/A14 perhaps, 45 mins ish? 

Just now, Sagalout said:

@penguin17

Brizzle to Corby in 45 mins :D:D  Brummie to Corby maybe. Even in a 280 it would be an eventful journey.

:blush

Haha, don't know what I was thinking?!?!?  Jeff said Brizzle and I thought Brum.  Nothing to see here move along :biggrin:

(thought you could just add M5 to my abbreviated route)

11 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

(though you could just add M5 to my abbreviated route)

And an hour and three quarters!:D

15 minutes ago, Sagalout said:

Brizzle to Corby in 45 mins :D:D  Brummie to Corby maybe. Even in a 280 it would be an eventful journey.

I bet @superbtte would stand more of a chance though. If you don't know what I'm talking about, head over to his Superb projects thread and prepare to be amazed. (BTW I'm not suggesting superbtte drives like a hooligan - just that if he ever did he'd be more likely to get stopped for low flying than speeding:biggrin:)

Back on track - I didn't bother to ask the dealer and I've been given a steer on a more local source (cheers Danny). Will update if and when I get it done - it isn't urgent.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 12:55, Danny 57 said:

Although I have VCDS I do not know how to do what you need. There is a Octavia guy in Newport (two years ago who helped me at that time) who is quite skilled in the operation of VCDS, sorry I can't remember his name. Most if not all people with VCDS only want a cup of tea or simple fuel expenses. Have a look on the VCDS map.

I contacted him and he very kindly made the mods I wanted today.  As Danny 57 said, he is very skilled with the operation of VCDS and clearly explained everything he was doing as he went along.  He went with me afterwards for a test drive and checked VCDS again when we returned to see all was well.  A very comprehensive job and I am very pleased with the results!

The mods made were:-

• Audi throttle enabled - Car is more responsive now, though the weather coming home was awful and I'll get a fuller picture next week when we're off to Kent for a few days with (hopefully) better weather;
  • Rear lights activated with DRLs;
  • Fan speed showing when using auto setting;
  • Passenger heated seat setting retained for 10 minutes when ignition switched off.  SWMBO won't have to remember to turn hers back on when we stop for diesel;
  • Traffic Sign Recognition activated - This is working well, though it isn't always correct.  I noticed coming northwards past Pontypridd where the A470 has a long right hand bend, the camera was picking up the signs for the road running parallel to the left and was showing 40 mph, then 30 mph, though the main road continued to be 70 mph.   To be fair, on a right hand turn, the camera would be looking straight ahead towards the parallel road and this is something not often seen.  Like many assistance aids, it should not always be relied on as being 100% correct.  To show it's working well though, the section of the A470 past Story Arms over the Brecon Beacons, which has a temporary speed limit of 30 mph from Friday afternoon to Monday morning and the police open and close the signs at the appropriate times.  Prior to having TSR, the sat nav always showed 70 mph through here, but coming home this evening, it correctly showed 30 mph.  I've also noticed that the speed limit is showing on all roads now, but on sat nav without TSR, it was only showing on A and B classified roads.

I'll report here again if I have any further observations from the mods.

A few years back when my Dad was the parts manager at Skoda I took my last Superb 2 in for a service and the tech coded the auto wipers to work. I already had auto lights. When I pick the car up the tech gave me a bit paper with the original coding info in case anything went wrong so he knew what’s to change it back to factory settings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonnie5kelso said:

A few years back when my Dad was the parts manager at Skoda I took my last Superb 2 in for a service and the tech coded the auto wipers to work. I already had auto lights. When I pick the car up the tech gave me a bit paper with the original coding info in case anything went wrong so he knew what’s to change it back to factory settings

The member who did my mods has emailed copies of scans he made in case of any problems.