Urgent help please - messed up car with VCDS

Rjg

I replaced the inlet manifold and did a de-coke 10 days ago. The car was running fine, but for some reason I was still getting the P2015 error code and the MIL on.

Today I tried to run a throttle body adaption in VCDS, as well as the inlet manifold flap adaption, to see if this would help. I attempted the start the car to drive home from work, but the idle was dog rough, and the car cut out 3 times. I managed to keep the revs up to get going, then drive 10 miles home, so the car seemed to behave fine under load (albeit while trying to stall at traffic lights)

Any ideas what I've messed up, and how I can put it right?!

Could it be something as simple as throttle slightly pressed while doing the adaptation?  Might be a daft suggestion as I have never done either of those 2 myself, if so apologies.

I've managed to get the car back to driving normally. I checked a few connections inside the engine bay and all seemed fine, then rotated the intake runner flap arm manually.

No more misfires and car idles fine, but still getting a MIL and P2015 code, despite fitting a brand new manifold

008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1) 
               P2015 - 000 - Implausible Signal - MIL ON

008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1) 
               P2015 - 000 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent - MIL ON

Edited by Rjg

Swirl flap actuator has probably died. I’ve had to replace one on a mk2 Octavia in the past. Exactly same fault code.

Edited by Phillips

Yeah and no you can buy the manifold with the actuator or without, what engine is it just to confirm I’m not feeding you nonsense ha 

CR170 is what I replaced it on.

On 01/03/2018 at 12:34, Phillips said:

Looks like this

41738741-4FDC-4FD4-B784-BF741992FA19.jpeg.070441002a765ac0696ee004783507d6.jpeg

id run the flap adaptation again and see if it actually moves during the process

The swirl flap is vacuum driven on the TSI. I have one RJG.

I can send it your way if you like? Mine's used, about 60k old, and came off the car before I did the IM job so I cannot be sure that it's 100% working.  But better than buying a new one?

IMG_20180303_163926.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I may take you up on that mate.

Still got the EML light on, and the actuator to the right of the manifold has randomly popped out a couple of times since I made this thread. 

Could the new manifold I've fitted be faulty?