Skoda Yeti steel undertray, under engine cover

markovich

Hello.+

Who already installed any steel under engine covers (undertray) for Yeti?

Something like this.

Prices, brands?

Thank you

Undertray Skoda Yeti

Edited by markovich

I have the standard sump guard provided with the Rough Road Pack and have always found more than adequate. Have you priced that?

On another forum there has been a steel sumpguard advertised and it seemed very expensive, and from the pictures not that well designed.
You might also note that in the motorsport world steel is rarely used for sumpguards as it is too heavy and actually not very resilient. Most now use alloy or plastic.

• 2 months later...

Hello

As a manufacturer we can offer for Skoda Yeti steel sump guards that can protect your car even in the toughest situations.

Our product for Yeti is made of 2 mm thick steel and weights barely 12 kg.

We deliver free in 5-6 working days.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question regarding our products or service.

Have a nice day.

https://www.sump-guard.co.uk/steel-sump-guard-for-skoda-yeti-2011-2015

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

@sumpguard - Well, I'm not in the market for a heavy duty sump guard, but your response was exactly the sort of thing I'd want if I were.

Funny how very few people in motorsport uses steel sump guards any more, as there are far better materials to make them of.
And personally I have found the standard Skoda supplied sump guard to be perfectly adequate, and I can be quite "adventurous"

Steel is noisy when it gets hit by stones etc...

This is the ETKA page for the Skoda skid plate which is GRP....& part of the Skoda "rough road package"

https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/yeti/yet/2011-666/0/018-18010/

You then need to have the lower rear wishbone stone protectors again from the "rough road package"

https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/yeti/yet/2011-666/5/511-511005/

I have fitted the versions to my MK7 Golf...much quieter & safer...

30 minutes ago, ben4012 said:

You don't have to click the link. 

Quite so - and what has it got to do with me anyway :). Just not used to seeing advertising in the forum.