Engine warning light

Hi,

I have 5000km driven 2.0 190hp dsg diesel superb which got an yellow engine light on the dash at 1000km. I took it back to the shop and they checked it out and told me that it shows that the NOX is too high, Skoda apparently is aware of the problem but there is nothing to do yet. They made a reset to the computer so the light did not show up for another 1000km but now its glowing all the time and making me mad. They are just telling me not to worry about it.

Has anyone else here had the problem?

Never seen that on mine in 30 months, though I have had AdBlue system faults several times and I think that is the NOx Control system.  Never seen it reported in the S3 section before so my guess is that it isn’t common (yet).

Hi FixxaH,

I have the 190bhp diesel SCR DSG and have not had this problem myself and I'm sure if any forum members had had this issue then it would have been posted about already.

A quick trawl on the net turned up this:

"My new Skoda Superb 2.0ltr diesel has an Adblue tank and after 4000 miles of economical driving (54 mpg) the warning light came on. I therefore filled the tank and expected the light and mileage warning to go out - oh no. The car has been with the dealer and Skoda Technical for 5.5 weeks and still it is off the road. Don't buy a car fitted with this technology."

May not be of much help but came from this UK site:

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/company-car-tax-advice/news/drivers-warned-over-diesel-exhaust-fluid-refill-3/

Seems you are doing better than the guy who posted on honestnjohn as you still have your motor!

Good luck with the dealers to get it sorted.

I assume the yellow engine light is the one for emissions and not for Adblue tank low or the diesel particulate filter.  I'm not very technical, so please don't rely on anything I say, but if the dealer said the NOx was too high, then it suggests that maybe Adblue is not operating properly?  I note that you're from Finland and I know from having been there in wintertime myself (and spending Christmas to New Year in Helsinki Hospital with pneumonia!), it can be very cold, so is your Adblue freezing up and not flowing properly?  I think I read somewhere that there is a heater for the Adblue tank, so is this operating correctly?

Is there anyone with a bit more technical knowledge able to comment on my thoughts?

• 5 years later...