Safe mode is flashing on the radio, and steering function not working.

Hi

I need help my car radio/ CD changer is flashing safe mode and asking for some code, at the same time my horn and my steering console isn't working anymore. Any idea what could be the issue 

I drive the skoda superb 2.8 v6

Edited by eddy90

the problem is still persistant, now the transmission when shifted to reverse, jerks and then the gear position light is displayed on all the gears. However if I switch  the engine off and on it returns back to Normal. 

But the "safe" indication on the CD player is still displayed. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, THEDEV111111 said:

So how do you remove the safe displayed 

I don't know if the op resolved his issue, mine was similar. My radio was in safe mode and steering wheel controls didn't work but I'm sure the horn did work.

There are two methods to try, to get it out of safe mode. First, disconnect the radio for about 24 hours. 

Second, leave the radio turned on, with the ignition on for about 1 hour. This way worked for me. Once it's out of safe mode you can enter your code.