AdBlue

In what way?

The AdBlue filler is behind the same flap as the fuel filler and most AdBlue containers include a nozzle to allow you to more easily pour the AdBlue into the tank without spillage.

Some early models, including the Yeti had the AdBlue tanks in the boot close to the spare wheel well where spillages were much more likely, and unpleasant!

your-guide-to-adblue-what-is-it-who-needs-it-and-how-to-refill-it-104882_1.thumb.jpg.115df344b7271849181201979cb1e360.jpg

AdBlue-reservoir-skoda-superb.thumb.jpg.565d4beac697eefda99d5ed208b8cd9b.jpg

Skoda Yeti...

AdBlue-reservoir-skoda-yeti.thumb.jpg.d0d67a37363bd734f1634f161e9db8bf.jpg

I did spot this in the owners manual, you are supposed to leave the ignition turned on for 30 seconds after refilling the AdBlue tank before starting the engine...

Capture.JPG.61a7b65933c21aaf9bf9773e7cffc6fd.JPG

Much like the fuel tank there must be a system for monitoring the levels of AdBlue in the tank, perhaps this sensor is faulty?

5a9f12800a079_Capture1.JPG.93580e70b6202164d476e0984b912c90.JPG

I have seen complaints where the system has registered low AdBlue and then owners have topped them up, only to overfill because of a malfunction in the actual amount shown in the tank in the first place, or topped up and still shown low even after the 30sec wait so they think they haven’t put enough in and they overfill. I wondered if this is still a problem.

• 8 months later...

If anyone needs adblue in the near future it is cheap from Eurocarparts at the moment. A 10l bottle can be had for £3.89 via click and collect (or free delivery in 3-4 days) by using the code "early" up to the weekend. That's cheaper than forecourt pump prices. Filling is easy, see this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-3M-Ofs0U

Only done it once, no issues. There is a minimum and maximum amount shown, mine was 5 - 10.5 litres. I only had 7 litres around and it all went in.

On 07/03/2018 at 15:24, BoxerBoy said:

You’ll never overfill if you wait till it’s empty. The whole bottle goes in no problem then range reads a very big number.

I did the same. Waited until it said it would take at least 10 litres, then just poured a 10 litre can straight in. Mine seems to need a top up every 7k miles or so (filled up twice so far).

A good number of Audi owners have recorded this problem. there is a dealer fix if it does not sort itself. I normally top mine up in Mainland Europe where they have pumps for Adblue with a nozzle that fits the Adblue filler..... also very cheap. 

Last fill up on my Q2 was somewhere near Vienna.     the Q2 is being replaced with a Kodiaq when it finally arrives

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the fitting in the filler cap has the same connection as the one that used to be inside the boot. I have an adblue hose & adapter for a 10l bottle that I've used on a Touareg & Alhambra. Makes the fill really safe, as it stops automatically when it gets to the top