If you change the tyre size just be aware that the speedo will be out of calibration as well as the gearbox ratios will be a little off, it should  accelerate better with smaller wheels depending on the box but may sound busy at higher speed, link below seems quite good.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

21 hours ago, Anddenton said:

Standard 4wd and scout springs are the same, the difference in ride height between the two is down to the wheel/tyre difference.

Ok.. so I need to get VRS suspension (not gti?) and what springs are lowered and rated? 

VRS and gti springs are probably the same. I believe there are three suspension set ups for the Octavia: standard, sport (vrs) and rough road package (scout and 4wd). As I understand it, it was possible (Maybe not uk market but certainly overseas) to spec the rough road package on standard Octavia's and it was also possible to spec the sport suspension on the standard Octavia, therefore I wouldn't be surprised if it was perfectly possible to put VRS suspension  on the scout and get the geometry set correctly, though I wouldn't want to definitely commit on this.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Sorry for Hi-jacking this thread.

But I have a Skoda Octavia Scout 4x4 2.0 TDI 110kW 2012. Original is 17" wheels in Sweden. As I feel the car a bit to high, like walking on his toes and  as I'm not driving in bad roads I would like to lower it with lowering springs. But that is not as easy as I thought to get my hands on some. I have asked some dealers in Sweden and even some at ebay germany. I checked one with article number 29149-1. They are not sure it fits as it's no record in TUV if it has been tested but it might. They say that H&R doesn't have anything that fits either but it feels strange. Wouldn't it be the same as for std 4x4 version? 

Max. 30 or 40 mm I would like to lower the Scout.

So has anyone any idea?

Edited by Mattis_jo1