Heated seats not working

Ketchka

Hi, both heated seats not working on my yeti - switch light coming on but nothing else - looked to check fuse but not clear which one from manual. Skoda elegance 170 ps 

thanks,

If switch light comes on, then power is getting to switch.

Have a fumble under the seats, something might have accidently knocked the wiring connector a bit loose (try fully plugging them in, might look in but not making contact, perhaps unplug and reinsert fully)

There are plenty of fuse diagrams on the web (example with 3 types here)

http://www.autogenius.info/skoda-yeti-2010-fuse-box-diagram/

1 hour ago, Urrell said:

Seat heating fuse is no 32, 5th fuse down on the right on A post drivers side.

What rating is this fuse? If the light comes on the switch I presume the fuse is ok?

The switch will only activate a relay to switch the seats on, so it is quite possible there are 2 fused circuits.
1 fuse to the feed for the switch to the relay.

1 fuse for the feed to the relay to the seat.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ketchka said:

What rating is this fuse? If the light comes on the switch I presume the fuse is ok?

If you bothered to look at the earlier posts on your question you would see that SurreyJohn posted a diagram that says the fuse rating is 20a. and I posted what fuse covers it.
If you presume the fuse is OK because the light comes on on the switch you are almost saying you know more than others here that are trying to help.
I take it you checked that fuse and it's rating before posting that?

How did you know what I did after looking at Surreyjohn post?  I did look in fact, but was a bit baffled as the layout did not appear to match the layout in my vehicle, also I could not see a number 32 fuse to check.

i had presumed the fuse is ok because I  thought the switch was after the fuse, not realising that there could be more than one fused circuit as Graham pointed out. Since checking I have been busy trying to sort out some work for one of my clients.

i certainly do not know more than other members - that is why I asked for advice. I have not used this site for a long time, but quite frankly if this is the attitude you get from some members I will not bother again.

thank-you to all those members who have helped out on this matter - my wife may need to use a hot water for now!

@Ketchka I had a similar problem with my 2011 Elegance.

I say 'similar' because it transpired that neither of the seat base elements was working, although both of the seat back elements were working. The impression however was that the heating function of both seats had failed.

Can I suggest that you try leaving the heaters on with the seats cold and unoccupied, and the engine running (to ensure that you've got a good 12 - 14 volts in the bus). Feel the leather with your hand after 10 minutes, to see if there's a discernible temperature difference between the base and the back. If there is, I'd suspect that, like mine, both of the base elements are broken. In that case, post back again, and I can give you some first-hand advice if you feel like replacing the elements yourself. It doesn't require any special skills, but it is quite time-consuming (a couple of hours per seat), so you could save yourself quite a bit in labour. The elements themselves cost me around £80 all-in for the pair.

If there is no discernible temperature difference following the above test, it is most likely that you have another problem, possibly with the controller, but I have no experience in this area, so I'm not going to offer "words of advice".

1 hour ago, Ketchka said:

How did you know what I did after looking at Surreyjohn post?  I did look in fact, but was a bit baffled as the layout did not appear to match the layout in my vehicle, also I could not see a number 32 fuse to check.

Did you not see my post on the location of the fuse?
"" Seat heating fuse is no 32, 5th fuse down on the right on A post drivers side. ""
SurreyJohns post shows it to to be 20A.

The fuse box layout is not easy to work out at first sight because it is basically upside down on Right Hand drive cars. You therefore have to be very careful in identifying which fuse covers what function. If you look at posts relating to hardwiring a dash cam there is a very good image of the fuse box which makes everything clearer - or at least it did to me!! It is possible that both base units stopped working at the same time but it is unlikely so the first thing I would do is change the seat heater fuse, easy and inexpensive to do and nothing lost if it doesn't work.

Edited by Expatman

Just noticed the query about heated seats.

Now on 3 rd Yeti, got first in 2009 new, both heated seats had failed before the warranty ran out, had to part x with both seats not working.

Had same issue on the second Yeti, had to get new elements for both seats under warranty just before it ran out in June 2016, also had problems with Haldex and Panoramic Sunroof but missed the warranty cut off and the work for both items was nearly £700.

Got latest and last Yeti in November last year, hope SKODA have some heated seat elements ready for when these stop working and I will be keeping a check on the 4WD and Sunroof.