It's booked in, STAGE 3 mapping

So if you haven't been following my project build thread on here.... the car is moving alot faster than I ever expected, after only owning it about 1.5 years. This was the one I wasn't modifying :D

Here is a link to the thread, 

• Like 3

So what’s needed for stage 3?

Im currently just about to finish stage 2 with my r53 Cooper S and I’ve put a hell of lot of work and money in to the damn thing :D :crying: 

The Vrs looks epic by the way 

Edited by Cm11

10 minutes ago, Cm11 said:

So what’s needed for stage 3?

Im currently just about to finish stage 2 with my r53 Cooper S and I’ve put a hell of lot of work and money in to the damn thing :D :crying: 

The Vrs looks epic by the way 

Ive swapped the turbo from a mk7.5 golf r. if I had it hybrid and a high pressure fuel pump anything from 450-500bhp 

35 minutes ago, Ant-Vrs said:

Ive swapped the turbo from a mk7.5 golf r. if I had it hybrid and a high pressure fuel pump anything from 450-500bhp 

Nice and impressive gains but that’s an awful lot for fwd motor though I’d be worried about the clutch, gearbox and drive shafts 

Will the fuel injectors hold up (I don’t know much about vag cars)? 

With the modifications I done mine were at full cycle and it was running dangerously lean on wot

Edited by Cm11

59 minutes ago, Ant-Vrs said:

Ant are you hoping to get all the work done for the Pistonheads meet at Silverstone, Easter weekend, sadly can't attend working again!

1 hour ago, Cm11 said:

Nice and impressive gains but that’s an awful lot for fwd motor though I’d be worried about the clutch, gearbox and drive shafts 

Will the fuel injectors hold up (I don’t know much about vag cars)? 

With the modifications I done mine were at full cycle and it was running dangerously lean on wot

It's dsg so the clutch/gearbox is fine and you can also map that to suit to power so it don't slip. 

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Ant are you hoping to get all the work done for the Pistonheads meet at Silverstone, Easter weekend, sadly can't attend working again!

I've never heard of it or ever been also not sure Easter weekend is. It's going in at the being of April and have a good few days 

On 3/18/2018 at 02:30, creamvRS said:

Useless if you're too stupid to know how to use it, yes :D

You can use it however you want, but you want win much drag races, if any.

2 minutes ago, toni8b said:

Last year I was doing a 13.9 at 107.7mph not bad for an estate. A a lot of people was surprised and was coming up to see what was in it 

34 minutes ago, toni8b said:

This is one of the reasons that made me get rid of the Skoda and get the Cupra: more useable power.

No matter how refined is your launch, side by side a AWD or a RWD will always win - even a lighter FWD car.

...of course, on a rolling start it is (mostly) different.

A good illustration comparing apples with apples would be to check the 0-100kph times of the Cupra 300 SC with FWD and DSG with the Cupra 300 ST with AWD and DSG.

even though the ST is almost 200kg heavier, it is around 1s faster on a launch - this is exclusively down to the traction.

with that said, I see nothing wrong with tuning a FWD car (did that to my Saab 9-3 Aero and planned to do it do the Octavia) just because launches are more challenging :)

Everybody knows a AWD vehicle with the same or more power and launch control that is idiot proof will walk all over a FWD car especially a Skoda.

Obvious as day is not night.  Like taking a knife to a gunfight...

(Youtubes of vRSpowered at Santa Pod are worth a watch, 180ps Plus TMC Box =206ps, the RWD 135i will walk all over it. Or not!

or here is a mom and dad 180ps Estate car as it left the factory, £15,000 new price.)

Maybe watch others with FWD Fabias with under 200hp vs Golf R's with 265hp or so, 

Edited by AwaoffSki

I have driven the fast SEAT's and the VW,Audi,s & Skodas,

difference often standard factory car, Hatch vs Estate, the stronger rear springs of the estate (combi), the front end does not go light.

*Down to the traction as you say.* Heavier car not doing the hunching down thing at the rear. which is good on a RWD car though.

I read what you posted. 

"No matter how refined is your launch, side by side a AWD or a RWD will always win - even a lighter car FWD car." 

then the ...of course on a rolling start it is . etc

Well having lived long enough to own, FWD, RWD, AWD, Part Time AWD, 4X4's in all kinds of flavour, even ones that can do standing starts in RWD or AWD i know that generalisation to be incorrect, 

not based in fact, and just a load of mince to have with the tatties.

But if you are a regular or occasional sprinter, hill climber or 1/4 or 1/8th of a miler you will have had your experiences.

Best get yourself a V-Box If you currently using Official Manufacturers published figures for 0-60 / 62 mph / 100kmh times or 0-100 mph then 

you will know how VW / Audi manage to show a more expensive but heavier model with the same engine / drive train but lighter car 

quicker, more efficient with lower VED class due to lower Co2 g/km.

You will also see VW Group official figures for a Manual compared to a DSG / S-Tronic where the Auto is heavier more polluting 

with less Nm Torque but the same Max power / PS /HP but the same performance figures 0-62 mph.

Or a AWD DSG vs a Manual where the DSG can repeat the times every standing start and the manual can not.

I always wondered when these were first out how a lesser powered FWD car could blow these off, then i drove them, and realised why, 

fat lumps of bogging down rubbish that were over hyped. Fictional 0-62's even in perfect conditions on ideal tyres.

This video, 9 3/4 " longer Estate 5 kg lighter unladen by Skoda Official figures, 

but 25 kg ballast on the rear of the hatch,attached to the crash bar...

and springs with less poundage, and the front goes light, less traction!

That is VW Group engineering / sandbagging, the heavier VW & SEAT with the same engines were shown to be quicker..

Wider tyres , heavier and no standard spare wheel but lower Co2 g/km.

No journalists asked, how can 9 3/4" more body weigh less, or seemed to bother weighing 

the 2010/11 Polo, Ibiza 180ps or A1 185ps Twinchargers.

Or the VW Polo GTI 1.8tsi 192ps 320Nm Manual and 250Nm DSG that came in 2015.

Edited by AwaoffSki