carwow Skoda Dealers

silver1011

I don't think that list is exhaustive - I've had quotes from Citygate Watford and Willis Ruislip via carwow for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

MIne came from Doncaster last year. The dealer did say though that he could have beaten my deal he did via carwow if I had gone direct and avoided the carwow costs; once you have a quote through carwow from a dealer, they have to sell via that quote.

A way around is to get the quote in your wifes name, then do the deal in your name. We were thinking of doing that to change my wifes car, but did all the carwow quotes in my name.

I didn't even go with the cheapest carwow quote as in the end I physically went to the dealer 3 times to do the deal, test drive and collect the car. Cheapest quote was 250 miles away but the travelling costs and inconvenience weren't worth the slight extra saving.

• Administrators

... and the crazy thing.

Hello Skoda Dealer X head of sales.... would you like to sell to interested in Skoda already people from a forum? Only catch, match or beat your typical carwow price. Interested? 

No not really.

Whaaaaaat?

So you're not interested in matching? No we're not...

2 weeks later, quote from Dealer X on carwow passes ver desk for comparison. Whaaaaaat. 

So CW fees are in the region of 300vat based on research. So there is plenty the dealers can do, you just have to get them to the table in the right mood. It's also largely dependent on their bonus, or lack of it.  Some will go way below, as illustrated, but the hassle to you is more... I'll pay more for less hassle to a degree ;)

• Like 1