Fabia vRS best tyres?

Hi guys & gals

The 1.4tsi vRS doesn't weight anymore than a gnats ******* but with all the power it has i get a bit of torque steering when i floor it and wheelspin galore if i don't ease off any junction nice and slowly. OBVIOUSLY this is no good whatsoever for my tyres. 

What's all of your recommendations for a good tyre for these?

Have done a bit of research but interested to see what you're all running on.

Cheers 

Hi my partner previously had Fabia vRS and now currently a Polo GTI 1.8

Both came with Contis from new. However,   when we changed ,as she does quite high mileage, we when to Goodyear Efficient ,they are quieter ,grip in wet and dry as well as the Conti and match at least on Fuel consumption. Wear rate similar to my knowledge.

Just now, vrskeith said:

Hi my partner previously had Fabia vRS and now currently a Polo GTI 1.8

Both came with Contis from new. However,   when we changed ,as she does quite high mileage, we when to Goodyear Efficient ,they are quieter ,grip in wet and dry as well as the Conti and match at least on Fuel consumption. Wear rate similar to my knowledge.

cheers for that @vrskeith. Partner has contisport 5 on his octavia vrs. debating getting similar on the Fabia but just want to see whats about at the moment. Just a shame the conti are so noisy though. may have a look into the Goodyear then if they're just as good but quieter.

Had Dunlop Maxx for many years. ok first few months then tread worn down really quick. I only do 5000 miles away and the front 2 i was changing every 18 months.

I have Uniroyals now (reccomended by a few tuners on here) and changed to 215 instead of 205. The difference in grip is amazing.

Handling in snow was also lot better, Its a Wet Grip A rated Tyre. Not bothered about noise, speakers take care of that!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Had Dunlop Maxx for many years. ok first few months then tread worn down really quick. I only do 5000 miles away and the front 2 i was changing every 18 months.

I have Uniroyals now (reccomended by a few tuners on here) and changed to 215 instead of 205. The difference in grip is amazing.

Handling in snow was also lot better, Its a Wet Grip A rated Tyre. Not bothered about noise, speakers take care of that!

They sound pretty good tbh! I just like to hear my car though when I'm booting it but I'd imagine it'd be loud enough to cover the sound of tyres.

Can I just ask - why change to 215 from 205? 

5 minutes ago, Jenni_y16 said:

They sound pretty good tbh! I just like to hear my car though when I'm booting it but I'd imagine it'd be loud enough to cover the sound of tyres.

Can I just ask - why change to 215 from 205? 

Followed a few threads on here regarding handling upgrades and Wider Tyre was reccomended as gives more surface area contact with road surface = more grip and on brand new tyres you will really tell the difference.  No more traction light coming on even when its wet (from lets say traffic lights)

Edited by Kobayashi

Reason for the change from 205/40R 17 to 215/40R 17 is that is the size on the Sister 180-185ps Twinchargers from VW (Polo), SEAT (Ibiza) & Audi (A1),

They even gave those heavier cars lower Co2 g/km figures and a VED band lower, and less squittery handling. 

they were even OEM or optional sizes on the lesser powered Polo, Ibiza & A1's, then on lighter Mk3 Fabia.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Followed a few threads on here regarding handling upgrades and Wider Tyre was reccomended as gives more surface area contact with road surface = more grip and on brand new tyres you will really tell the difference.  No more traction light coming on even when its wet (from lets say traffic lights)

Oh that makes a lot more sense now. Will take that into consideration for sure. Thanks for the help mate 

• Like 1

Another one for uniroyals here. Had uniroyals a few years back but thought I'd have a change so I went with pilot sport 3's, they're down to 4mm so thrown them on the back and purchased some more uniroyals for the front. The only downfall is I only got around 11k out of my last lot :(

The absolute best tires in my opinion are the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3. Have them on my vRS and drove the Tuscany with all its hairpin curves and ups and downs quite hard. The grip is insanse, you can almost launch the car at full throttle when the tires are warm (12+ degrees ambient temps). 

https://www.facebook.com/djtstylestefan.eisele/videos/2165985210094312/?

Was driving around ~130 km/h in the first part of the video.

Edited by ElectricalVRS