Skoda Connect.

Had the 280 Sportline for nearly 2 months now and finally got round to activating the Skoda Connect system  (too busy enjoying the driving experience) .   All set up now and great to be able to 'Honk and Flash' remotely from my Iphone :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's a great app - and im not really into phones and apps. I picked my superb up and then went off on holiday the next day but did set it up so I was able to sit by pool in florida sounding the horn on the car in Yorkshire on my dad's driveway.  He hates me now....:D

• Like 1

Anyone got the navigation to work, ie send Destination to car from the app, says it’s sent but nought happens in the car that I can see

Probably has...it tricky to find. Off the top of my head, In navigation go to destinations, then in top right menu, look for online destinations. Thars where it bungs the ones you send.

Once your car has a data connection, i.e tethered to your phone or sim slot (if you have one), it will automatically tell you that there are new destinations imported. In Nav go to destinations and then select online. It is a very useful feature and I use it all the time, much better than using the nav itself.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've just tried to log in and it says "The VIN you entered has no Skoda connect services". Have I done something wrong, or is my (June 2017) car not supported (no integral data connection). Thanks.

Which infotainment system do you have? Do you have the emergency call buttons on the ceiling? You do not need to be near the car to set it up!

I'm afraid so, the emergency buttons are part of the MY17 spec that included Connect as standard. I believe you would need to get the smart gate unit to add the functionality but I'm not sure as I haven't had the need to look into it.

The lack of sim slot doesn't matter, I have Amundsen, that sim slot is to give passengers internet through the cars wifi and connect the infotainment to online services, this can be done by tethering the phone (hot spot). Connect uses a completely separate data connection to update cars location, status, etc but this connection is not available for any other functions such as the ones mentioned.

Which function would you want from connect? there maybe another way of doing it.

Thanks again. Thinking about it, mine was first registered in June 2017, which would mean manufacture circa March / April, and therefore late MY17. Hence no emergency buttons.

The check if it's locked function would be useful - not too sure about the others. I certainly don't want to honk the horn from abroad!

Edited by BriskodaJeff
Because senility is causing me to forget what model year I have...

3 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Thanks again. Thinking about it, mine was first registered in June 2017, which would mean manufacture circa March / April, and therefore late MY16. Hence no emergency buttons.

The check if it's locked function would be useful - not too sure about the others. I certainly don't want to honk the horn from abroad!

Sorry for the confusion, my references to MY17 should have been MY18.

The locked function, I am not aware of another way of doing this but possibly a way to send destinations to the car, check destinations in the nav and see if there is an online version. Also download the MySkoda App, this will give you an exact date of manufacture, for example mine was built on 15/08/17 and first registered 08/17.

1 minute ago, DarkSun said:

So if you have the emergency buttons and MY18 you can use skoda connect anyway ?

Yes, that is my understanding. Although with bolero you won't be able to send destinations to the car but I am not sure about showing the location (interested to know if it uses the Nav or Data connection to determine location).

2 minutes ago, DarkSun said:

I will try it tonight, i already have the pincode for the app. Just have to insert it into Bolero.

If it doesn't work, Go through the full wizard from start, I tried and skip straight to that part but it didn't work, worked when I went through the wizard from start to finish. 

Also its a subscription service with the first year free, the emergency services are for 3 years I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Just check if it is locked or not. You can't lock or unlock it remotely on the app.....so if you left it unlocked it a quick (worried) walk back to lock it!

Before you panic though, refresh the data first. If you wait a little while after exiting the vehicle to lock it, it can show as unlocked on the app.

• Like 1