High functuality LED rear lights

Marchincus

Hi all

I'm hoping my Karoq is being built this week but just wondered what "high functuality" means and what is different from "low functuality" in regard to the rear LED lights?

Thanks to you all for your help with this but also for the loads of stuff I have already learnt from this forum.

Thanks

Mark

High functionality on other ŠKODA models, means the part of the rear light assembly on the rear hatch/ boot lid actually work. 

Edit: as above, beaten to it 

Edited by Kenny R

Not sure how that works. We've just ordered an Octavia Scout which has LED Rear Lights High Functionality available as an option and it doesn't have any lights on the back door.

23 hours ago, Bowdie said:

Not sure how that works. We've just ordered an Octavia Scout which has LED Rear Lights High Functionality available as an option and it doesn't have any lights on the back door.

The difference with the Octavia is the styling. Low functionality has a thin LED ‘C’ strip and I think halogen fog lights. High functionality has a thicker LED ‘C’ and LED fog lights.  Also has some internal cluster styling as well. I’ve taken a screenshot that shows - poorly, I have to admit - the difference. Left is low, right is high. 

300EF106-0303-411E-9A59-F9F21B534641.jpeg

Thanks Scott. It all sounds like a bit of a con just to get more money out of us. You'd think LED lights would be just that!! I see you're in Dunfermline so presumably you deal with West End Skoda. We've been dealing with them since 2013, picked up our Karoq on launch day in January and now have a Scout on order. Always found them to be excellent for sales support and service.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bowdie said:

Thanks Scott. It all sounds like a bit of a con just to get more money out of us. You'd think LED lights would be just that!! I see you're in Dunfermline so presumably you deal with West End Skoda. We've been dealing with them since 2013, picked up our Karoq on launch day in January and now have a Scout on order. Always found them to be excellent for sales support and service.

We do indeed use West End. Had four cars from them now, all bought through Josh. Nice guy and yes, all of them great to deal with. 

On 03/04/2018 at 21:11, bone_tone said:

With the low functionality version, the lights on the bootlid do not work, just those on the rear wings. High functionality, they all work.

Now confused, as my SE Tech has 'Low' functionality rear lights, but they work on the tailgate as well.

5ac5db09dda41_Taillights.thumb.jpg.e4c30779b985b4529104685f24d45d83.jpg

From what I understand (and I might not be 100% correct) just from what I've seen recently...

High Functionality - ALL lights are LED

Low Functionality - Only Brake lights I think are LED

37 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

Be really nice if Skoda made it clear from the start though :wacko:

You mean make it Simply Clever? Now there's a thought. 

Latest UK  pricing and specification details - http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/karoq_pricing_specs.pdf - lists "Rear LED lights (high functionality)" as being standard on SE, SEL and Edition.  It doesn't list the SE Tech.    I wouldn't be surprised if that hasn't always been the case but owners' pics will confirm or otherwise.  On  SEL and Edition models I test drove the rear light clusters appeared (from memory, drives were some while apart) the same and I was disappointed that there were still some conventional bulbs - for reverse and I think indicators.  I had been hoping for those fancy indicators that appear to move in a line, dynamic I think they're called.