Cabin pressure issue

Hi

I know this has been covered before.

I’m on my third Octavia VRS estate and neither of the previous 2 had any issues with pressure.

my current car (Facelift 2017) has an awful issue.

Ears hurting etc, when I slightly lower the rear windows (just a crack) you can hear air being sucked.

Is there a definitive fix for this?

I've been following this thread below & I've not yet seen anyone comment that Skoda have official recognised this issue or provided a definitive fix.

There are lots of different things people have tried with varying success & what worked for some makes no difference to others.

If your car is new I would go back the garage as soon as possible & badger them to look into the issue until they come up with a solution.

When the O3 was first introduced a few people from teh forum sold their car after only a few months because it was so bad.

I guess the guys in the thread now are those that were hoping a fix would come eventually....

I'm not sure if the post-facelift cars are still suffering with this problem...

1 hour ago, thomas5265 said:

Hi

I know this has been covered before.

I’m on my third Octavia VRS estate and neither of the previous 2 had any issues with pressure.

my current car (Facelift 2017) has an awful issue.

Ears hurting etc, when I slightly lower the rear windows (just a crack) you can hear air being sucked.

Is there a definitive fix for this?

Thomas, besides the wealth of info on the low frequency boom thread, a couple of other observations. Most cars will suffer a frequency boom if only one rear window is open; it should go if you open the other rear window or close both as pressure flow equalises. Second, the Octavia is very sensitive to the fitting of the trim panel on the B-pillar - unless it is sitting flush, air can bleed in and cause a significant noise.

If someone lowers the rear window slightly on my 16 hatch there's an annoying pulsating sensation in the eardrums at speeds over 30.

If you drop a front window slightly it goes away. 

The best solution though, is to press the window child lock and tell anyone who asks that they're broke ;)