Fallout removers as wheel cleaners

Vrsboi

There have been many detailing related conflicts on why fallout removers shouldnt be used as wheel cleaners, not only they are way more expensive then wheel cleaners they dont do the job as well as if you were to go in with a wheel cleaner and a selection of brushes.

So what does the briskoda community think about using fallout removers as wheel cleaners are they a massive timesaver or a killer to wheels?

IMO you only need to use fallout remover every-now and again, which should not cause them harm.

Give ‘em a proper clean, including fullout remover (tar and iron) & seal them with your chosen product (so you’re limiting the baked on disc dust, tar etc sticking and making it more difficult to keep looking good) and  you should not need more than a jet wash with a ph neutral wheel cleaner (Eg Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner) to keep ‘em looking good. 

1 hour ago, jars said:

IMO you only need to use fallout remover every-now and again, which should not cause them harm.

Give ‘em a proper clean, including fullout remover (tar and iron) & seal them with your chosen product (so you’re limiting the baked on disc dust, tar etc sticking and making it more difficult to keep looking good) and  you should not need more than a jet wash with a ph neutral wheel cleaner (Eg Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner) to keep ‘em looking good. 

Exactly what I do

I use fallout remover once a year, remove wheels decontaminate and seal with af mint rims

My bottle of bh korrosol is 2 years old and is 75% full

Edited by greenineboss

I use Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner most of the time but Bilt Bamber do, do a wheel cleaner/fallout remover called Autowheels. Which I use from time to time if I'm limited on well, time. 

The why people use just a fallout remover on wheels alone, I don't know. Maybe it's impatience and cutting corners. 

• 3 weeks later...

Fallout remover is more gentle than acidic wheel cleaners.  If you have any sort of coating on your wheels then an acidic cleaner will degrade these coatings very quickly.

Fallout remover is a safer and very effective wheel cleaner.  If you have properly sealed your wheels though with the likes of Gyeon Q2 Rim then it makes cleaning with shampoo much easier.