DSG stutter/shake (jerky) from standstill

Fabia 1.2 TSI (110 PS) DSG MY2016 with only 15k miles on the clock. Started noticing this problem a while ago but seems to be getting a bit worse.

When realeasing the brake pedal without any throttle input the car sort of stutters (shakes) when setting off (for the first two seconds when it starts moving). Maybe jerky is the best word to describe it. Is this normal behaviour? It's not doing it if you press the gas pedal slightly immediately after releasing the brake pedal.

Probably good to mention that the DSG doesn't have the slipping problem being discussed in the other topic...

Edited by PekoSI

• PekoSI changed the title to DSG stutter/shake (jerky) from standstill

Just go and do the TPI described in other thread, because it will likely slip anyway, before the warranty expires if it has not already.

Otherwise check for any standing updates for SW regarding mechatronics. Since your is MY2016 I susspect that it is a late 2015 model? There were two SW updates as far as I can recall till the mentioned TPI. Maybe it will be fixed with that updates.

Yes it's a late 2015 production model. The car had annual service just 3 months ago so I assume any SW updates should already be carried out? In regard to the TPI I'm not sure the dealer will just replace the clutch simply because "it could" slip in the future. 

Depends on a dealer, if you will not ask you will not receive, and they are all lazy... My experience is, that you have to do it all yourself regarding updates, by this I mean that you must ask specifically to check for updates.

Demonstrate the issue to them and beforehand try to have a 100% way to show the problem. And suggest this TPI and complete number, they might bite into it, since few dealerships want to actually thoroughly test issues with DSG, and they just do it if it exist.

• Like 1

Got it checked out and they say it's normal. It really isn't too bad for now but will get back to them if it gets much worse. Anyone else with the same issue?

Not 'Normal'  if you go and drive others cars the same as yours, not a characteristic or the likes.

If Normal at the Dealership you went to maybe you need to see a Master Tech at another Dealership or contact Skoda Customer Services in your own Country and tell them what this Master Tech or whoever said is 'Normal'. 

PS.

Maybe the cars engine needs servicing, has it got good spark plugs still, gap checked, the air filter clean and dry and all as it should be with that?

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 07:56, PekoSI said:

Fabia 1.2 TSI (110 PS) DSG MY2016 with only 15k miles on the clock. Started noticing this problem a while ago but seems to be getting a bit worse.

When realeasing the brake pedal without any throttle input the car sort of stutters (shakes) when setting off (for the first two seconds when it starts moving). Maybe jerky is the best word to describe it. Is this normal behaviour? It's not doing it if you press the gas pedal slightly immediately after releasing the brake pedal.

Probably good to mention that the DSG doesn't have the slipping problem being discussed in the other topic...

Take a look at my post on this.  Had the same problem fixed under warranty by the dealer who replaced the clutch pack.  Hope this helps.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/419533-juddering-dsg-gearbox/?tab=comments#comment-4772709

• 1 month later...

Yeah looks like I'l have to go in again since I'm getting the clutch to slip now...

That's very unfortunate you have the slipping. However, clutch judder on any clutch often does get worse and therefore getting a new clutch pack will cure the judder and the slipping. Your slipping may be caused by the judder, which can seriously affect the clutch disc surfaces making them more prone to slipping. Or equally, the clutch judder can go away of it's own accord and the clutch is often not affected. Not so for you it seems. It may not be the case that your slipping has the same cause as the slipping i experienced in my car. I did not have any judder at all. Currently, I have no clutch slip although I did have a very brief burst of clutch slip after picking up my car immediately after the new clutch pack was fitted. Nothing since and the DSG is performing very nicely. 

• 3 months later...

Well funny enough the judder went away in the summer so I'm waiting if it comes back during colder months. Slipping on the other hand is still noticeable but also less than it was before the summer. 

Just before family vacation beginning of July I called the dealership and told them about the problem and TPI. After they found the TPI in their system it wasn't a problem anymore to change the clutch under warranty. Still I have to go there and prove it with video so basically I'm waiting for colder months when slipping might become easier to record etc...

Some that already changed the clutch seem to be happy about it for now.

Yes the latest clutch was fitted to my car and totally fixed the slipping problem. At least, it did in the 2000 miles after it was fitted and I'm sure will continue to do so.