Superb not available April 2018

malanderson

It's possible, as theres some Engine changes and Spec changes due this Month.  Also the release of the Sportline Plus specification from June 2018.

Was it a Diesel or Petrol model you wanted?

Current Petrol engines are being phased out to be replaced with engines that include a GPF (gasoline particle filter) - the same as a DPF but for Petrol cars.  Factories etc need re-tooling for these new engines and then waiting for a supply of engines to become available.

Either Superb SE-L 1.4TSI PS DSG with Winter pack and a couple of extras or

K&K 2.0TSI 220 PS DSG with Winter pack and a couple of extras

depending on net price with Octavia trade in (Estate Diesel Auto Ivory leather and extras).

Have had 4 x Octavia and now want / need a change of shape, and a bit more comfort.

The hold on the Superb will be due to the fact you wanted a Petrol.  If you asked a dealer about a Diesel one I reckon they would let you order.

They are no longer accepting orders for the 2.0TSI 220PS (at least my dealer isn't) - and were just running until supply of that engine ran out.  Not so sure on the 1.4 - however I think that engine is being replaced with the 1.5 150PS (as in the Karoq) - The exact same thing for the 280PS and the VRS Petrols for the Octavia.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to order a superb last week as a new company car the process got as far as the dealer an they said they couldn’t order the car. Any guesses on when they may take orders again. I contacted Skoda UK and they said that there is no problem and they knew nothing about a stop on orders. 

I have tried three different dealers, on each occasion actually going in to the showroom, and they all tell the same story, basically - cannot order new Superb L&K or SEL, unless you want one that is stored in waiting. I have had four new Octavia and my son has also had one (boring family?) , so we know salesman well. I don't think they want to publish the specs until the WLTP figures are finalised. I wrote to 'Honest John' (Saturday Telegraph ) and he said more or less the same thing - that some manufacturers were having difficulties with the 'Real World' consumptions and   CO2, and they have to have it all sorted by 1 Sept 2018. Looks like I will have to do even more miles in the Octy.

• Like 1

Only received an email this morning that 190 dsg is not available to order with no update on next ordering time , direct from dealer here in Ireland . Could it be same issue VW have with not offering 190 diesel on standard passat .

is skoda keeping this engine for Sportsline option only ?

I have not moved any further forward in securing a new Superb petrol 1•4TSI (or 1•5) either L&K or SEL (price dependent). Based on what I have written above, and much other reading, dealership fact and rumour, I am now assuming that much work is being done by VW/Skoda etc. I am assuming their work to be trying to assess which of their engine products will give sufficiently good WLTP results to enable viable list of cars to put into their sales portfolio. (If Any !!!!). Their silence may well be due to either surprisingly bad results or disbelief in the results and subsequent re-testing. If I get any more 'Real' information I will report same. Meanwhile rumour is that  BMW is having similar difficulties as are Renault and Kia. 

• 2 weeks later...

I though one of the big issues was having a GPF on a new car is compulsory from June 2018 and production lines are being modified  - obviously would only affect petrol cars though

Not from June 2018.

But they need the WLPT for September 2018.  So the Fuel consumption test results, so the Co2 g/km figures and the VED bands so that those buying / leasing know what they can get or what the business use allows.

Petrols and diesels and hybrids with results that can be replicated under testing if retested, ie no Implausible / irregular / cheat results.

Yes they need them so they are tested and the results available so that people can order or buy them, but the legislation does not require the GPF is on a car you buy or lease in June, July or August.

Time is really getting on where the order books should be open and people know the C02 / g/km and the VED bands of what will be delivered to them.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1